Thread: 4 hit ws build

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryozen View Post
    I haven't seen anything to show that Zanshin/Ikishoten'd hits on a WS would provide any additional TP return.

My point was really that there'd be no way to know for sure if what you had was a normal double attack or a hassanshin proc. The only way to know for sure would be to do it in a controlled environment without any other source of additional attacks.

Unless one goes to all of one's events as /NIN or /DNC or somesuch, and leaves one's double attack gear in the Mog House. I doubt this was the case.

SAM/THF for VW. Nope it wasn't controlled plus I use SaveTP and ConserveTP gear. If its 1.0 extra TP then you are right, I was looking for a huge zanshin TP return. Still pretty confident though.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

I hope this help you!

Answer only for the OP. and Bumping this i updated the LINKS, hope this time the links work!
    Editing because Tachi Rana was changed it seems.

Kikugosu 4 hit build. http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/230834
    ( You get 24% haste not 10 % haste how the people think, but this 4 hit build cant beat a good 5 hit luxury build for rana)

Keito 100 tp bonus 4 hit build . http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/230835
    (I dont recomend you using this keito 4 hit build, because you will have WS almost in full stp gear.) Even with all the sacrifice you get 22% haste. Not 15 or 16% haste how the people think

Now. This is not lv 75 anymore, where the only 2 choices was. 5 hit build losing haste or 6 hit build caping haste and ws in the best luxury items posible. We are in lv 90, with a lot of new STP gear. 6 hit build is obsolete for any two hander job.

Even Warriors, Drks, and DRG can get 5 hit build with capped haste. We the samurais, can get 5 hit build super easy, but in this moment in the game 5 hit build for a samurai probably not is enough for beat a War, a drg or a drk. The only way for beat them is a 4 hit build having 26% haste using Rana or have marvelous STP gear.

Usually the people tell you go 6 hit build on sam, is people never parsed their events and eyeballing the numbers. Only people parse their events and have challenging vs 5 hit build wars or very strongs dds can give you a idea of how increase your perfomance a lot.
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 09-18-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    ANSWER TO THE OP: DO NOT LISTEN ABOVE POST? IT IS FULL OF FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post

1.- With your 480 base delay weapon and using Tachi Rana. You only need with a 5 hit build for reach 100% tp in 3 hits.

Tachi Rana returns 40% tp and with 5 hit build, you can reach in 3 hits 100% tp This is equal a 4 hit build. Rana with Red curry, berserk, having good Attack and Str build can do more damage than Gekko, Kasha or Yukikaze. If you use rana you can keep up 26% haste and you can keep a lot of luxury items for WS and not WS in full Store tp gear.

Rana is a dam beast in the parses, with the correct gear and subing war. When RANA DA you will see 1800 - 2200

Rana Tp http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=230831

Rana WS http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=230833

(Remember rana is a multi hit ws, and with this gear, you will be DA WS a lot this mean you need cover the enough attack and accuracy for 3 - 4 hits.) http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Tachi%3A_Rana
    that is totally wrong
    learn how multi hit ws work for tp return (unless it have been fixed recently)
    : 1st hit is baseTP*(1+stp/100),
    all extra hits are 1*(1+stp/100)

so with 480 delay you get (13+2)*(1+stp/100)
    to get 40TP return you need +167stp

2) any situation where rana shine (you're pdiff capeed) penta is better

3) (dont wana be elitist but get masamune!)

+ your links are in your member zone, we cant see em
    (2)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    you wish increase your damage for parse this events?

Here's are my solutions for you.

1.- With your 480 base delay weapon and using Tachi Rana.
    This is my solution for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&ob=av2e
    (0)
    Last edited by Dirtyfinger; 09-18-2011 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Who knows?!
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    This was my favourite bit

Usually the people tell you go 6 hit build on sam, is people never parsed their events and eyeballing the numbers.
    Tachi Rana returns 40% tp
    Just thinking the last bit through and making assumptions on the store-tp amounts on your WS set (as stated they're not showing).

Just using the basic Rajas/Brutal store-tp combo for ws, to get 40TP return from Rana you'd need...

1. For it to be a 15 hit weapon skill.

2. Wear Oneiros Ring for WS and hope the TA proc's on all 3 of the hits & some Conserve TP to kick in from either Unkai +2 feet or Snow Belt.

3. Weapon skill in every single piece of store-tp gear available and still hope Conserve TP kicks in.

4. As above but with Corsair's roll bang on 11 instead of Conserve TP.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dirtyfinger; 09-18-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    ANSWER TO THE OP: DO NOT LISTEN ABOVE POST? IT IS FULL OF FAIL

that is totally wrong
    learn how multi hit ws work for tp return (unless it have been fixed recently)
    : 1st hit is baseTP*(1+stp/100),
    all extra hits are 1*(1+stp/100)

so with 480 delay you get (13+2)*(1+stp/100)
    to get 40TP return you need +167stp

2) any situation where rana shine (you're pdiff capeed) penta is better

3) (dont wana be elitist but get masamune!)

+ your links are in your member zone, we cant see em

In conclusion.

I need check if a 4 hit penta will work better than a rana. Recently my LS mates, are using Tachi rana and they are parsing a bit higher than me using gekko and the reason is this they can keep up good gear for WS and for Tp and still getting a 4 hit build thanks to Rana.

Which is the range of a good parse in einjerhar lets check.

For tier 1 = 40 000 - 50 000 damage
    For tier 2 = 50 000 - 60 000 damage
    For their 3 = 60 000 - 70 000 damage

In my last parse was a tier 2 einjerhar. I did 51 k using 4 hit gekko build, my LS mates did 53k and 54k using Rana only. We had over 17 people on our einjerhar run.
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 09-18-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I can't see shit in that video, looks like the dude was filming it with a calculator.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    any retard can edit any stupidity in wiki's talk.
    just did a short test sam/whm masa, rana in 40+37 stp, NO conservTP gear, seigan TE to not get extra tp from being hit
    got

3hit landed (11.1+1+1)*1.77=23.1
    2hit landed (11.1+1)*1.77=21.4
    1st miss 2extra landed: (1+1)*1.77=3.5

rana TP return work like any multi hit ws

it's easy to make a video that show 40TP return from ws when said video last less than a meditate+2

and there is no way you can see he got 40TP from his rana
    (1)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    any retard can edit any stupidity in wiki's talk.
    just did a short test sam/whm masa, rana in 40+37 stp, NO conservTP gear, seigan TE to not get extra tp from being hit
    got

3hit landed (11.1+1+1)*1.77=23.1
    2hit landed (11.1+1)*1.77=21.4
    1st miss 2extra landed: (1+1)*1.77=3.5

rana TP return work like any multi hit ws

it's easy to make a video that show 40TP return from ws when said video last less than a meditate+2

and there is no way you can see he got 40TP from his rana
    Ah ok Thanks for the test.i see they changed it. In the past yes Rana was return 37 - 40 tp and in that video in the last seconds he got about 40% tp return. I will edit then for dont make confusion on the OP. I value a lot your test With Rana. Thanks
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Two things.
    1. You can reach a 4 hit build easily with a bow (600 delay) I know not as efficient as actually meleeing but great when you're on the back lines. Just throwing it out there.

2. While making a STp GK for said occasions (in Abyssea), I had capped Ikkishoten merits and Zanshin merits, plus all the Zanshin gear I could get. 1600+ WS later, not a single Ikkishoten proced on WS. That said, I was getting roughly the same TP with Hassanshin as I was on triple attacks. Was very nice.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6