Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Skillchains and TP bonus traits

I would like to see sam get a skill that makes it easier for them to chain. Possibly something like dancers wild flourish possibly. Or maybe just a new tier of chain like light+Darkness= New chain only available to sam.

Could also be neat if skill chains involving sams had a larger Magic burst window.

I would also like to see sam start to get TP bonus traits naturally.
    (1)

So you want Cosmic Elucidation?
    (0)

Character
    Laciante
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 93
    that's what it sounds like
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    So you want Cosmic Elucidation?
    well comsic elucidation is unknown property + unkown property = unknown property chain.

But yeh i suppose kinda. I mean Tenzen is supposed to be a higher tier of samurai. So in a way he is showing you wat epic samurai's can do.

We are 15 lvls ahed of 75 and in the end will be 24 lvls above 75. Would be nice to catch up to tenzen.
    (0)

Tenzen also has a Sword forged with the soul of the avatar Phoenix >.> We don't D:

Though, SAM can skillchain Nicely, Wondering what you're asking for. TP Bonus Job Traits seem... I don't know, I Can't imagine if you keep it low end it would be broken (nothing like +100%) ...
    (0)

Character
    Zenairis
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I certainly think the TP bonus trait would be nice although it would hurt Mythic/Relic Sam's since TP doesn't actually impact Kaiten/Rana damage, and I would mainly prefer SE give Samurai's more SC bonus traits since Samurai's specialty is Skillchains.

Asking for if or not we'd get a Tier 4 chain it more then likely wouldn't be available to Samurai if it required both Light and Darkness traits seeing both Relics and the Empryean Samurai has access to Weaponskills are Light for 3rd Tier traits. IF SE was to add a T4 SC for Samurai's I think it would be better in terms of actually pulling a extended chain of all elements that comprise Light and Darkness the complete chain of T2 SC's as such this order for example Gekko > Kasha Fusion > Rana Gravitation > Kaiten Fragmentation > Gekko 4th Tier SC here instead of Distortion, although keep in mind this would also take away the ability to chain T2's endlessly. this would also be for the work of 2 or more DD's or a Samurai's with Kaiten access only unless Samurai gets another Fragmentation trait WS.

Something else I would love to see is SE add or fix is TP bonus effecting aftermaths.
    (0)
    Last edited by Toren; 04-20-2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Minor edit's and fixs.
    Former Toren of Fairy

pheonix isnt a samurai and has never had anything to do with samurai. I doubt anything tenzen does in his fight has much to do with pheonix.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    pheonix isnt a samurai and has never had anything to do with samurai. I doubt anything tenzen does in his fight has much to do with pheonix.
    Except in the world of Final Fantasy I'm sure it does.

He Probably draws some power from Phoenix, Since as far as i can tell, he may be "75SAM" but he has tons more HP, attack, and Abilities than a 75SAM. Including Cosmic Elucidation.

Similar to the ways Summoner's draw power from their Avatars, He likely draws power from Phoenix. the way i understand it Phoenix chose to aid him to come to the Quon continent to investigate all the stuff in CoP, especially with Diabolos, so he probably is being aided in some way by Phoenix.
    (0)

I didnt say pheonix wasnt providing him any benefit at all. I just said pheonix has little to do with his Job abilities and Weapon skills. This is boiled down to a matter of opinion ultimately. I think his WS's with new names comes from the fact that hes a high ranking, high level samurai from a continent of samurai master people. And u think he gets the funny named WS's because a Fiery bird avatar is feeding him mojo.

I also dont see any reason why a tier 4 chain should be unobtainable.

The new Skillchain update coming is a good start in the direction of making skillchains more useful (thus making sam more useful) tho so im happy about that.

I would like to see more progress in this direction.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    I didnt say pheonix wasnt providing him any benefit at all. I just said pheonix has little to do with his Job abilities and Weapon skills. This is boiled down to a matter of opinion ultimately. I think his WS's with new names comes from the fact that hes a high ranking, high level samurai from a continent of samurai master people. And u think he gets the funny named WS's because a Fiery bird avatar is feeding him mojo.

I also dont see any reason why a tier 4 chain should be unobtainable.

The new Skillchain update coming is a good start in the direction of making skillchains more useful (thus making sam more useful) tho so im happy about that.

I would like to see more progress in this direction.
    His Unique WS also might come from the fact he was Trained in Far Eastern Techniques, Most of us SAM were not.

Level 4 Skillchain just feels like it was meant to remain "Unique" to tenzen, As its purpose is AoE Damage, and Ejecting you from the battlefield/Knock-back.

Plus I'm not sure what to name a Light/Dark SC? Luminous? Twilight(NO)?

Cosmic Elucidation just wouldn't fit in SAMs department, How would you make it? You'd need a Relic Weaponskill with Light Properties, or Dark Properties, to go after a light/dark skillchain for it to make any sense.

I could see it working, Its just that realistically In order to combine light/dark, You'd have to do a Darkness(or light) Skillchain, then follow up with a WS who's properties are Light itself(or Dark). And the only WS's that are themselves (LIGHT) or (DARK) are Relic Weaponskills.

So while I'm saying its possible, Without a Light and or Dark WS you couldn't create a "Twilight" Skillchain. I hope I'm wording this right.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast