Thread: Cure V

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Cure VI is for those moments you need to cure two people for massive HP. Cure V's recast is not big, but it's just big enough that it there will be times when you need another big cure RFN.

Still it's too expensive for it's cure power. And healing raw HP isn't the problem now, its the status ailments. That is why I said give WHM Erase II and a JT that makes their regular cures randomly remove a status ailment. VWNM monsters use moves that inflict 2~4 status ailments on everyone around them. Even with a WHM, RDM and BRD spamming erase it becomes nearly impossible to keep them off the two PLD's all the time.
    Clearly, in order to make SCH and RDM better healers outside, we should buff WHM more!
    (1)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't think rdm needs cure V, but SE does need to fix the soft caps of Cure I-IV without creating more enmity while doing so. 600HP on a melee that has almost three times that HP outside of abyssea isn't much. Especially when a cure V does about 1100 outside of abyssea. I would rather see a proposed fix to the cure equation than giving rdm cure V.
    (0)

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    To be honest, they need to give RDM & Scholar Cure V. I'm not a RDM so i wont claim to be.. However i am a Scholar.. I reckon Scholar will get 95-99 Under Addendum: White, RDM should get it around the same point. I'm a WHM also and i honestly can't see a problem with either jobs getting it. It's not like they can cureskin.
    (4)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollerblades View Post
    To be honest, they need to give RDM & Scholar Cure V. I'm not a RDM so i wont claim to be.. However i am a Scholar.. I reckon Scholar will get 95-99 Under Addendum: White, RDM should get it around the same point. I'm a WHM also and i honestly can't see a problem with either jobs getting it. It's not like they can cureskin.
    RDM needs to get it before to fit the job. it goes WHM then RDM, then SCH & PLD.
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Oh for crying out loud ANOTHER whining topic about Cure V, when will this crap end. They already mentioned that they plan on curing a "higher" tier cure later but i don't think it will be cure V, let this crap die, im sorry you rdms can't be the King/queens of healing like you were for 4 years but whining about it 1,001 times really isn't going to get SE to give you something that you don't really need.

I said it before and i'll say it again, if you want cure V play whm. RDM can't solve everything. if ANY other mage jobs should get a better cure SCH gets it since they are already better healers then rdm anyway.

RDM/NIN are masters are soloing, a whm/nin and a sch/nin cann't accoplish what a rdm/nin could. but RDMS just want it all i guess. healing, enfeebling, soloing, i guess next you'll want AM2s and tier 5 spells.
    (14)
    Last edited by Vortex; 10-03-2011 at 02:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Rajas ring is as outdated as Tamas ring at this point.
    -_-....

Player
    Rdm,Sch need to be so good that they don't need the healing potential Cure V brings, or they need Cure V to be actually a viable job.

Between Rdm getting self-target only stat boost spells while whm gets the party stat boost spells and temper being self-cast only, Rdm is getting zero party usefulness every update while they could be getting more. It wouldn't be as bad either if those buffs would work with Accession, but they don't. Since 75, Rdm has gotten Refresh II and job abilities. For god's sake they even get a unique spell like Addle AND IT IS GIVEN TO WHITE MAGE THE NEXT UPDATE. This is all the while giving red mage cure V would be "broken".
    (3)

Character
    Aurara
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Oh for crying out loud ANOTHER whining topic about Cure V, when will this crap end. They already mentioned that they plan on curing a "higher" tier cure later but i don't think it will be cure V, let this crap die, im sorry you rdms can't be the King/queens of healing like you were for 4 years but whining about it 1,001 times really isn't going to get SE to give you something that you don't really need.

I said it before and i'll say it again, if you want cure V play whm. RDM can't solve everything. if ANY other mage jobs should get a better cure SCH gets it since they are already better healers then rdm anyway.

RDM/NIN are masters are soloing, a whm/nin and a sch/nin cann't accoplish what a rdm/nin could. but RDMS just want it all i guess. healing, enfeebling, soloing, i guess next you'll want AM2s and tier 5 spells.
    Hey, stop trolling this is a serious thread i want RDM to get cure V. Also RDM will probably get Stone/WaterV by the time we're 99.
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    Hey, stop trolling this is a serious thread i want RDM to get cure V. Also RDM will probably get Stone/WaterV by the time we're 99.

So does every damn RDM, because they want to be broken again, you don't need Cure V, period. maybe you do need something stronger then cure 4 but 5 is asking for to much, it's like asking to give whm a A+ enfeebling skill rating as well as a natural fast cast. RDM has it's time to shine for years, time to move on. it is still a fun job and can solo very well, refresh 2 is very good when abyssea is not involved, espcially with af3, why do you want rdm to be over powerd?
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Rajas ring is as outdated as Tamas ring at this point.
    -_-....

Player
    Cure V without solace, emp+2 body and emp+2 pants (they can nerf the fixed enmity on it if they really want) isn't going to suddenly make Rdm the best healer again.

If you haven't noticed we're not the best soloist anymore, if you can nuke solo it, Blm and Sch are better now (Blu as well with Regurg spam and other spells), if you can melee solo, Nin and Dnc and Blu at minimum are better now.

Sch should never get any cure spell before Rdm, they never have. Ever. Sch learns cure spells at the same rate as Pld.
    (2)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 10-03-2011 at 03:29 AM.

People forget part of the reason we became such prominent healers wasn't because we could cast cure IV over and over again with minimal downtime, but we also had a secondary spell called Cure III to rotate with which had a solid impact on hp in it's day and age. However with HP pools growing, Cure III is FAR from sufficient enough to do much if any good for the group. That leaves us with Cure IV, being THE ONLY decent healing spell we have access too at these later levels, but recast timers and cooldown leaves us even more lacking besides just raw cure power. However the raw power of Cure V is a little much, and chances are we would revisit the pink bird era again (Essentially Cure V/IV now would be our Cure IV/III from back then) which most of us want to try and avoid.

Instead of Cure V I think something along the lines of new type of healing spell would work in our favor. Similar to how WHM's got Cura as a secondary Curga II/III, I don't see why RDM couldn't get something like "Heal" standing in as another Cure IV equivilant so RDM at least has something else to heal with when one is cooling down and it would effectively double our curing capacity.
    (1)
    Last edited by Swords; 10-03-2011 at 03:50 AM.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast