Page 1 of 112 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

New 2-hour Abilities

Anyone down for some new 2-hour information on this fine Tuesday?

We introduced two of them during VanaFest, but we just got a hold of the full list!

Currently, we are making adjustments to the effects and running tests on all of these new abilities, and we are planning to implement them in the upcoming test server update. However, as the Development Team is still working on getting all the kinks out, some will not be available right away. They will be doing their best to get as many new 2-hour abilities onto the test server as possible in the next update.

*The name and help text messages for each ability will be tentative when implemented to the test server. Also the effects and their values may be adjusted.

JobEffects
    WARRegular attacks will become non-elemental and grants a drastic increase in accuracy.
    MNKGrants a 100% counter-rate against regular attacks from enemies. Also, the amount of enmity gained by this will increase drastically.
    WHMGrants party members protection from status ailments.
    BLMGrants a drastic decrease in enmity generated by magic attacks.
    RDMGrants an increase to the effect of enhancing magic.
    THFMajor damage is dealt to the enemy and all enmity will be transferred to the player standing in front of them.
    PLDGrants an increase to the chance of blocking with a shield and reflects the blocked damage to the attacker.
    DRKSteals an enemy's TP through regular attacks while the effect is active.
    BSTAbsorbs the pet and recovers both HP and removes status ailments. Also, the player will receive a Reraise effect.
    BRDDrastically reduces the magic defense, magic evasion, and INT/MND of the target.
    RNGThe range modifier will become the optimal distance no matter the range to the target. Also, ammunition will not be consumed.
    SAMAll damage caused by physical special abilities will be evaded. Additionally, weapon skill damage will increase as more special abilities are evaded.
    NINGrants a drastic increase in parry rate. Additionally, Ninjutsu recast times will be reduced by 50% and ninja tools will not be consumed.
    DRGWyvern’s HP is completely restored and all status ailments are cured. Additionally, the wyvern’s stats will increase.
    SMNThe recast time of both summoning magic and Blood Pacts will become 0 while under the effect of the ability.
    BLUWhile the ability is in effect, blue magic from Unbridled Learning can be used continuously.
    CORGrants the ability to use up to 3 Phantom Roll effects.
    PUPAutomaton will use special abilities. Special ability usage will depend on the automaton head.
    Harlequin Head: Mighty Strikes
    Valoredge Head: Invincible
    Sharpshot Head: Eagle Eye Shot
    Stormwaker Head: Chainspell
    Soulsoother Head: Benediction (Will apply to the party members and automaton itself)
    Spiritreaver Head: Manafont
    DNCGrants maximum amount of Finishing Moves and the recast time of all Flourishes will be reset.
    Additionally, while the ability is in effect, Finishing Moves will not be consumed.
    SCHWill direct enmity of all party members to an indicated player.
    (22)
    Last edited by Camate; 08-02-2012 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Slight edits to RDM and PUP 2-hours
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Are the Devs going to fix BLU's broken spells to coincide with this amazing new 2hr?
    (20)

Player
    Some of these are truly awful. Take them back to the drawing board and try again.
    (40)

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Just to clarify again, is the plan still to have these share the same timer 2 hour timer as the current abilities? Because that would be the determinate between these being useful-ish or almost completely useless.
    (13)

Character
    Bozek
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Oh new job? SUM? :O
    (3)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Some of these look very promising or very meh
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Dancer's looks better than Trance. It's not going to be super useful, but it's something.

Climactic -> Evisceration -> NFR -> Reverse -> Rudra's -> New 2-hour -> Reverse -> Rudra's
    (3)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    dont know what you guys talking about alot of these 2 hours look hot!. pup smn blu bst rng etc. but iam so looking at that pup. that 2 hours i called for a long time. each pet with own 2 hour. much better then the old one><
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Anyone down for some new 2-hour information on this fine Tuesday?
    Yes!

WAR
    Sounds good to me. Anyone who can't see the uses is plumb stupid.

MNK
    a Defensive 2hour As opposed to their current, Offensive one. I l,ike it.

WHM
    mmm, Sounds like a Watered down Perfect Defense... Maybe drawing board on this one.

BLM
    Not super-de-dooper, But not bad. Enmity would need to be nearly non-existant.

RDM
    IDK, This kinda feels like sh*t - I can't decide WTF SE Wants with RDM. Temper being single target/self only, then still shoving Enhancing magic buffs down their throat? Either make them a good enhancer or not... Almost every spell RDM gets enhancing wise, WHM gets in AoE Form.

THF
    I hope "Massive Damage" Isn't the same as Coruscanti. Being said, I like how this sounds. I guess it didn't translate well, But I'm guessing "I kick ass while the guy tanking keeps hate".

--- I have to go to work so i can't go through the rest, But honestly, I Kinda like how most of it sounds, and I think these are pretty decent!

Thank you for the update CAMS
    (8)

Player
    DRG 2hr is meh. The problem with the Wyvern isnt keeping it alive anymore, its keeping US alive. When we die, the wyvern dies too which is inevitable eventually on any hard fight. The stat bonus to the wyvern had better be gigantic because on difficult fights like Legion or the new Odin fight, my Wyvern hits NMs for like 10-30 damage and breaths do like 80-100ish. Even if it was Deep Breathing potency for 2min, it wouldn't help much except on low level, weak content like Dynamis or level 75 content.
    (9)

Page 1 of 112 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast