Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Camate, allow me to be frank. That's really stupid to say, it's not a balance issue in any way shape or form. There are 8 elements and we can have all 8 belts, macroing in each and every one for certain spells is something we've done for years and quite frankly it's annoying as ****. The only point to this is quality of life, convenience, if you do it I get 7 extra inventory space and if you don't I'll be just as strong I'll just be a bit more annoyed and have 7 less inventory. Unless you can give me even 1 single reason why this would create some magical balancing issue I'm simply not buying it. Sadly this response is something I thought we put behind us over the last few months as things have moved forward, I thought requests were listened to and given proper responses when replied to now days, but this response only serves to prove me wrong I suppose.
    While I do agree that it should be done there is a couple small benefits to having an all in 1 obi. First would be sch with using Immanence it would allow you to get day/weather bonuses of closing spell AND skillchain dmg. Not exactly a big deal but meh. And then I'm not exactly sure on this but I think obis can be used defensively to force day proc on stuff cast against you
    (0)

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I think obis can be used defensively to force day proc on stuff cast against you
    This is not the case. Stuff like that is only for outgoing spells and effects, not incoming.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetidealism View Post
    This is not the case. Stuff like that is only for outgoing spells and effects, not incoming.
    No, he is right. This is what makes the combination of Obis so logically nebulous. If you are in Temenos on darksday with double light weather wearing Anrin Obi, you take -10% light damage from Citadel Buster instead of up to +25%. If you were wearing a combined obi, what should happen? They would have to come out with both an enhancing and reducing combined Obi to be thorough.
    (2)

Player
    While I admit it's a good point, I still don't think it's reason enough this would be 'overpowered' since this is something players who care about it will do anyways via swaps & such.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    No, he is right. This is what makes the combination of Obis so logically nebulous. If you are in Temenos on darksday with double light weather wearing Anrin Obi, you take -10% light damage from Citadel Buster instead of up to +25%. If you were wearing a combined obi, what should happen? They would have to come out with both an enhancing and reducing combined Obi to be thorough.
    Perhaps the fact that not many people were clear about this shows that no one really used it defensively, or at least not enough to matter. They got rid of the specific bonuses on the elemental staves (e.g. PDT on earth staff) when combining them and no one batted an eye because you can hold both iridal/chatoyant staff and the other staves. If a certain player wants to split hairs by using the obis defensively, they can go farm/quest another one and hold both, but I very much doubt anyone will. There is no excuse for not combining the obis/gorgets/etc.
    (6)
    Last edited by AppropriateName5786; 06-21-2014 at 12:40 AM. Reason: clarity

Camate, if they feel an Iridial obi/gorget would be too powerful, you should to remind them the players are iLVL119, not Lv.75 anymore and that equipment is Lv.71/72. I'm pretty sure there are many pieces of gear now that have the combined effects of 8+ pieces of 75 cap gear.

If it is actually a coding issue of forcing only the good weather/day to proc, they would have just told you that instead I would hope.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Well, the Chatoyant took the best qualities of the staves instead of having both the negative and positive. So you can always have something like...

Based on day: Incoming Spell Damage -10%, Spell Damage +10%
    Based on Weather: Incoming Spell Damage -10/25%, SpellDamage +10/25%.
    (Combined): -whatever +whatever (IDK full details on that)

Removing the negative qualities of the belts, much like the weakening of spells and increasing of perpetuation cost of certain elements based on the original Elemental staves. Would this make the Obi's OP...? Maybe, It'd still be based on day/weather, maybe it'd make Storm spells a bit more useful than their "Just put up Firestorm and shut up" that it is now, if even put up at all.

Still, with a SCH Weather and matching day (which i imagine could happen every so often), its an extra 25% MDT(I know its not really MDT but a separate calculation) for a DD job if they add this hypothetical Obi to their DT sets... which is actually kinda strong, but in most cases it would just be -10% from SCH spell, which is still kinda strong, but not super OP.
    (3)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 08-03-2014 at 05:17 AM.

Since we've been making adjustments to weapon skills, the timing is just about right for a way to combine all of your elemental gorgets, obis, and belts, so the team will be exploring the ways in which to make this happen.
    (36)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Since we've been making adjustments to weapon skills, the timing is just about right for a way to combine all of your elemental gorgets, obis, and belts, so the team will be exploring the ways in which to make this happen.
    1000 times yes - thank you.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    This would be outstanding, thank you.
    (3)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast