Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    It doesn't matter if the majority of players are "struggling to get stuff done" unless you seriously want to argue that ppl will quit because they can't use trust in dynamis, which isn't very convincing.

I didn't say "everyone". But the point of MMORPG is to give ppl stuff to do and keep the players staying as long as possible. You want as many people stay sub as possible, not driving them away, even if they're the minority.

So say, if 20% of players can cap gear with current pace, 80% of ppl can't. Not having a long term goal or reducing the time it needs to complete a long term goal will just make 20% of ppl quit faster. But those 80% of ppl will have stuff to do even if you don't do adjustment.

For example, if it needs 2 months for semi-hardcore player to finish a relic, and only 20% of player can finish 1 relic in 2 months. 80% of player needs 3~5 months to finish one. Then SE decided to reduce the time it takes to create a relic to 1 month.

Now 20% of players just quit the game 2x faster, but it won't affect 80% of ppl. It doesn't matter if casual needs 2 months to finish a relic or 3~5 months, they won't run out of stuff to do because they have too much to do, but the top 20% of ppl will. That's the point.

I know many ppl that quit FFXI because they run out of stuff to do, I've yet to encounter ONE casual player quit just because they can't finish a relic in 1 month. Most of the casual players I've met in this game are fairly happy with normal ILV 115~119 JSE gears.

All my argument follows basic MMORPG design philosophy, which is to keep the players as busy as possible and play as long as possible. While your argument are based on what pleases YOU, instead of what benefits the game's life as a whole.
    This works, to a point. At that point people say **** this and quit. You need to keep in mind that the majority of people that quit a game do so before they ever get close to capping out.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Yet you do the same in your statements about how if someone finishes a REM they'll quit. which means a friend of mine should have quit twice already since they have an empy and a relic and have the best gear for the job they are mostly seen on. So by what you say is a mmo standard he should be bored out of his 50+yr old mind and quit, yet he doesn't.

I could careless if they allowed trusts in dynamis if they were to help people get clears which is what the OP wants. Sure people who already have them won't be using them for that obviously. Though the few times I actually have the time or bored enough to go and do something I find boring just so I can finally have my smn top +2 I rarely even know someone else is in the zone. Only time that happens is if I have to wait for a TE to respawn. Though part of the reason I'm dragging my feet is because of the eventual reforging of empyrean armor.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Yet you do the same in your statements about how if someone finishes a REM they'll quit. which means a friend of mine should have quit twice already since they have an empy and a relic and have the best gear for the job they are mostly seen on. So by what you say is a mmo standard he should be bored out of his 50+yr old mind and quit, yet he doesn't.

I could careless if they allowed trusts in dynamis if they were to help people get clears which is what the OP wants. Sure people who already have them won't be using them for that obviously. Though the few times I actually have the time or bored enough to go and do something I find boring just so I can finally have my smn top +2 I rarely even know someone else is in the zone. Only time that happens is if I have to wait for a TE to respawn. Though part of the reason I'm dragging my feet is because of the eventual reforging of empyrean armor.
    You still haven't use any reason to convince me why it's so important to give trust in dyna just because OP wants clear.

Will he quit cuz he has no dynamis clear? I'm not convinced unless he's emo. I've seen many ppl quit for various reason for past 5 years, from getting bored, no time to play, play another game, all friends quit to not getting ppl for party current content that matters(mainly delve when it was 18 man).

But I've yet to see ppl rage quit cuz they can't get clear for dynamis. Most ppl just drag a friend and get win.

Again, your logic of entire argument is based on "because OP wants this, so he should have it" instead of "because this is better design" If all you care is OP gets clear, you may as well ask the dev to hand out free dyna clear instead of trusts in dynamis.

Oh and btw, before you want to label me as "elitist with ego hurt", I don't have relic job and more ppl having relic doesn't "hurt" me. It does hurt any none relic owner playing a relic job though.

I don't MIND if ppl gets all the clear they want, I do mind if server generates more currency/relic a day and broke game balance. It doesn't just hurt "elitists", it also hurt any none relic player because the game content has to balance based on the fact that more ppl has relic. When is the last time you see a PLD without aegis gets accepted in marj? When is the last time you see a RNG gets accepted without relic? Every pt asks for aegis/anni, mainly because everyone has them and the game content is balanced based on that fact. Now you're asking relic to be as common as empy in abyssea era, which makes the situation worse.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 07-22-2014 at 02:07 AM.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    You're the one who made this about dynamis, not me. I never once said anything about dynamis. Most of mine were trying to point out how useless they would be in trying for clears and getting atmas in abyssea.

You might not have a relic, but you do have a mythic. Your argument is if a person, not even the OP gets one of these things they're going to quit cause some how they don't have anything else left in the game. Yet, you're proof enough since obviously you didn't quit after obtaining your mythic.

The OP wants to be able to solo clear the dynamis zones and not ask for help. Why they don't I don't know. Maybe they have shouted for help and got none. Maybe, they don't want to sit back and watch someone else kill the boss for them. Or maybe they don't have enough will power to keep on trying on their own sans trusts. Them having trusts for clears would make it semi easier. After they have the clears maybe they'll use them to get some gear. Dynamis isn't all about currency for either selling for gil or making relic. For all we know they want to get the relic gear for a job so they can reforge it later.

Last night I didn't see anyone asking for an aegis Pld in the few shouts that were asking for a Pld. For some jobs and you even have agreed with this having a REM depending on which one it is can help make someone be better or even have them be optimal at their job. Because helping others be better geared so they can do harder things is a bad thing.
    (0)

Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    You still haven't use any reason to convince me why it's so important to give trust in dyna just because OP wants clear.

Will he quit cuz he has no dynamis clear? I'm not convinced unless he's emo. I've seen many ppl quit for various reason for past 5 years, from getting bored, no time to play, play another game, all friends quit to not getting ppl for party current content that matters(mainly delve when it was 18 man).

But I've yet to see ppl rage quit cuz they can't get clear for dynamis. Most ppl just drag a friend and get win.

Again, your logic of entire argument is based on "because OP wants this, so he should have it" instead of "because this is better design" If all you care is OP gets clear, you may as well ask the dev to hand out free dyna clear instead of trusts in dynamis.

Oh and btw, before you want to label me as "elitist with ego hurt", I don't have relic job and more ppl having relic doesn't "hurt" me. It does hurt any none relic owner playing a relic job though.

I don't MIND if ppl gets all the clear they want, I do mind if server generates more currency/relic a day and broke game balance. It doesn't just hurt "elitists", it also hurt any none relic player because the game content has to balance based on the fact that more ppl has relic. When is the last time you see a PLD without aegis gets accepted in marj? When is the last time you see a RNG gets accepted without relic? Every pt asks for aegis/anni, mainly because everyone has them and the game content is balanced based on that fact. Now you're asking relic to be as common as empy in abyssea era, which makes the situation worse.
    Convince YOU?
    ENTITLED MUCH?
    really?
    do you read what you write?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordkyron View Post
    Convince YOU?
    ENTITLED MUCH?
    really?
    do you read what you write?
    To be perfectly honest entitlement is often more along the lines of what you're doing. Saying something should be the way you think it should because as things stand now, you can't have what you want. Does that mean I don't agree to some extent? No. If you think wins for Dynamis and Abyssea should be able to be soloed more easily then ok. When it comes to Dynamis I agree due to the Death spam they can perform they should probably make a few adjustments. Abyssea I've explained isn't that bad, at the very most it's a stepping stone you'd have to cross and it's likely going to see Trusts included anyways in the future. Trusts in Dynamis is a bad idea, I've mentioned why, if you've reason to contest that then please be my guest. Abyssea is manageable currently and adding Trusts right now won't fix the issues you have, rather I've given a much more viable alternative through something they've already implemented in the game even.
    (0)

Player
    In all honesty the arguments are kinda pointless, a community rep said they have no plans to do this and if they ever did it won't be for years anyway.

It's not gonna happen.

The people that care will probably of quit due to an unfriendly experience by then, the ones arguing against it will of probably also quit by then due ceasing of updates because player numbers reaching unprofitable numbers. The games player numbers are already spiraling down, it's only a matter of time before the numbers reach a point where development is cut due to not being profitable anymore.

They won't shut the game down but development is a whole other animal and that is linked to player numbers, since very few care about new players or returnees this honestly will be a well deserved fate for this games populace.
    (0)

Player
    Funny you say that because actually we've been getting more updates in the last year than in the last few years prior to this together it feels like, at that same time the player base has dipped multiple times due to issues with the item level system and expansion in general. New players have it easier now than ever and I'm one of the first to speak up about the issues they are facing but Abyssea isn't one of them, Dynamis is more difficult but I hardly consider it one of the real trials new players are faced with as only the later zones are behind closed doors and those aren't necessary for much outside of a few pieces of gear and making a Relic, neither of which are so important as to make the game impossible without them.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Funny you say that because actually we've been getting more updates in the last year than in the last few years prior to this together it feels like, at that same time the player base has dipped multiple times due to issues with the item level system and expansion in general. New players have it easier now than ever and I'm one of the first to speak up about the issues they are facing but Abyssea isn't one of them, Dynamis is more difficult but I hardly consider it one of the real trials new players are faced with as only the later zones are behind closed doors and those aren't necessary for much outside of a few pieces of gear and making a Relic, neither of which are so important as to make the game impossible without them.
    Square always had the mindset that XI players would stick to the game no matter what, they have now seen that players are leaving in droves and as such they are now trying to boost the amount of content they add (they also finally finished the drain on the entire company, XIV and had more staff to share around). Sadly it's too late and it's not attracting more players back that have left, once they realise that and they lose some more that will be it.

Keep in mind that devs are not minimum wage staff.

XI has never had such a small amount of players in it's entire 12 year lifespan, especially western players.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 07-22-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    well. GL with the game.
    if a player can't enjoy the story soloing, what is there?
    Equipping our selves for what? to get more equipment?
    (0)

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast