Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    I received some feedback from the development team concerning coin drop rates. Since it has only been a couple of days since the version update was implemented and also considering that in there were adjustments to participation numbers as well as new chambers, we would like to make the appropriate decision while monitoring all these things on a wide-scale.

Also, it can be thought that the feeling of there not being a lot of coins is due to the effects of changing the reward distribution method from casting lots to individual treasure chests.

In the case of lotting rewards, the amount was based on the division between the number of participants, so there really isn’t any guarantee that you could obtain a reward even if there were a good amount of them, making it so the chance of you obtaining something would decrease with a higher amount of players participating.

On the other hand, individual treasure chests give one player’s worth of rewards, so it’s possible that the volume feels a bit poor. However, you are guaranteed to obtain these rewards and it is equivalent to the results after lotting. Since we have prepared this on an individual scale, in actuality the total number of rewards have increased. On this basis, the system has been set up so the total amount of coins, as well as the amount gained by a single player, will increase.
    Random loot you do NOT want does not make for fun content. This is one of the reasons many people dont do Voidwatch. Spend all your time and energy and get the opposite of what it was you was aiming at.

Just give us Voidwatch Points and Walk of Echo points. Let us trade these in for the items we desire. Stop being so stupid and retarded about all this. Its been said by many people to just instate point systems in place of these stupid random drops.
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

Character
    Zigzagzig
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well,

so now you don't get a chance to accomplish anything solo.

You must follow the flow ( till peoples get enough, and then move on from VW )

And it's look for me as an other good thing for dualboxing account ............ SE are you sponsors of Dbox?

So where do we stand here Solo players........... ???
    (0)

I received some feedback from the development team concerning coin drop rates. Since it has only been a couple of days since the version update was implemented and also considering that in there were adjustments to participation numbers as well as new chambers, we would like to make the appropriate decision while monitoring all these things on a wide-scale.

Also, it can be thought that the feeling of there not being a lot of coins is due to the effects of changing the reward distribution method from casting lots to individual treasure chests.

In the case of lotting rewards, the amount was based on the division between the number of participants, so there really isn’t any guarantee that you could obtain a reward even if there were a good amount of them, making it so the chance of you obtaining something would decrease with a higher amount of players participating.

On the other hand, individual treasure chests give one player’s worth of rewards, so it’s possible that the volume feels a bit poor. However, you are guaranteed to obtain these rewards and it is equivalent to the results after lotting. Since we have prepared this on an individual scale, in actuality the total number of rewards have increased. On this basis, the system has been set up so the total amount of coins, as well as the amount gained by a single player, will increase.
    Hi, Camate!

I understand what you're saying, unfortunately I think the Devs are working under an imperfect understanding of how Walk of Echoes lotting used to function in practice.

The Devs are assuming, when they make their conclusions about the supply of Coins, that all players entering Walk of Echoes are free lotting all of the coins. In practice, this is not the case. Pre-Update, many players would lot on only one type of coin and pass alternate coin drops onto others. Rather than a free for all, an organized system of passing/lotting resulted in increased rewards for everyone present.

On an individual level, a player is more likely to end up with coins and items they do not need now than they would have previously, and less likely to obtain the items that they are pursuing.

While I understand the gap that must exist between the intended function of the system and the actual utilization by players in practice can often inhibit the Dev's understanding of our grievances, I hope that this will help to clear things up a bit.
    (18)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Seriously, as it is now VW drops are a total slap in the players face

When in the past have we ever had such horrible drops? Maybe Byakko didn't drop your pants, but at LEAST he dropped something of value at some point. I've done up to jeuno VW, including some of the new Jeuno NMs, and I've never gotten anything better than Durium ore.

WoE is in the same situation
    (12)

Quote Originally Posted by Xellith View Post
    Random loot you do NOT want does not make for fun content. This is one of the reasons many people dont do Voidwatch. Spend all your time and energy and get the opposite of what it was you was aiming at.

Just give us Voidwatch Points and Walk of Echo points. Let us trade these in for the items we desire. Stop being so stupid and retarded about all this. Its been said by many people to just instate point systems in place of these stupid random drops.
    You throw out the words "Stupid" and "Retarded" quite a bit.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I've raise this question and made a proposal on the test server feedback already on this. When I tried it on the test server, there were a total of 3 of us there on that day, so we basically didn't clear any flux so ended up with nothing to show for. Right now, a lot of ppl are doing WoE because of the high value scrolls that are dropping in there that they can sell. They're all only doing #7 at the moment while #1-#6 were all emptied (I didn't see any of the higher flux yet. might be that I'm not looking since there's now lag with all the pets in there).

I think the adjustments that really needed to be made are:

1. Allow us to trade in any coin for any other coin that we want (i.e. Ruin to Birth). Heck, make it trading 2 coins in for 1 coin out. This will eliminate the issue with people who keep getting the coin types that they do not want but can never get the coin types that they want (hello, Coin of Birth).

2. Give us some sort of WoE Points/Currency as I've stated in the thread on the Test Server feedback/bug post. That way, if there's no one else in there or if there's not enough people to do other lower tier flux, you can still earn points that you can then trade in for coins that you're after. Because after the initial influx of people going after scrolls to sell, WoE will die down and this will give people a chance to still progress toward the coins that they want.

As an added bonus, put those dice in there as well. Maybe make it so that 5x coins/points for every dice or something that is hard enough but is reachable.
    (4)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Hi, Camate!

I understand what you're saying, unfortunately I think the Devs are working under an imperfect understanding of how Walk of Echoes lotting used to function in practice.

The Devs are assuming, when they make their conclusions about the supply of Coins, that all players entering Walk of Echoes are free lotting all of the coins. In practice, this is not the case. Pre-Update, many players would lot on only one type of coin and pass alternate coin drops onto others. Rather than a free for all, an organized system of passing/lotting resulted in increased rewards for everyone present.

On an individual level, a player is more likely to end up with coins and items they do not need now than they would have previously, and less likely to obtain the items that they are pursuing.

While I understand the gap that must exist between the intended function of the system and the actual utilization by players in practice can often inhibit the Dev's understanding of our grievances, I hope that this will help to clear things up a bit.
    Camate,
    Please read or translate the above quote to the developers as precisely as you can. This sums it up perfectly.
    (3)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I have to repeat what I said on the first page and say the new WoE would be a *** disaster if you could complete the weapon of your choice in two days, which seems to be what the lot of you are asking for.
    (2)
    Last edited by Bublex; 09-23-2011 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Forum Rule Violation
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Player

The point the devs seem to be missing Camate is that the WoE coins were supposed to be the easier path to the more "difficult" Empyreans yet pre and post patch this just is not the case.

Post-Heroes Abyssea gives players the capability to churn through monsters like Carabosse and Kukulkan with ease. Due the to introduction of cheap brews, 3 atmas and TEs being trivial thanks to Abyssites, the difficulty that originally held back the Empyreans and made WoE weapons more attractive is gone.

So why exactly wouldn't the WoE weapons be made even easier? Pouches should be common occurrences and individuals should be swimming in coins because Heroes Abyssea set the standard that the Empyrean weapons would be easy to obtain.

The recent decision to cheapen the rarity of such items as Tiger King Hide and Sisyphus Fragments only strengthens the position that the developers want people to reach level 90 on Emps so why the extra hoops to jump through for the "inferior" weapons? I don't get the logic.
    (13)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    I have to repeat what I said on the first page and say the new WoE would be a fucking disaster if you could complete the weapon of your choice in two days, which seems to be what the lot of you are asking for.
    It's called add items that require lots of points to obtain and thus incentive to repeat the event for a long time.

WoE+3s shouldn't be the incentive to do WoE because Empyreans have already been made so easy to obtain due to decisions made by the devs so making the -1 weapons a huge grind seems like backwards thinking.
    (7)
    Last edited by Sparthos; 09-23-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast