Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Vivacious Pulse

Character
    Mugly
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Perhaps it was just my imagination. Were you using it on strong monsters (i.e. Adoulin zone mobs)? I do a lot of reives so this is where I was messing with things. By the way, what gear are you using to get such high damage? It's pretty rare for me to reach 4000-5000 damage with lunge even with same rune combinations. Though it's interesting that I was partially correct that opposing runes do lower the damage, judging from your testing.

I'll do my own testing just to see if it matches up, if it does then we'll know that mixing runes doesn't increase the damage. I should also mention this was tested on monsters that didn't have a strong weakness to elemental magic (i.e. not elementals or anything that takes increased elemental damage) such as the majority of reive monsters. On magic monsters I tend to deal about the same damage as what you stated.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mugly View Post
    By the way, what gear are you using to get such high damage? It's pretty rare for me to reach 4000-5000 damage with lunge even with same rune combinations.
    Capping your main-hand weapon skill increases the damage of lunge. I assume (though have not tested) that using a 119 weapon with 242 skill on will deal more damage than using a 113 weapon with 162 skill on it. Other than that, stick as much MAB in there as you can to increase the damage This can of course take up a lot of inv space though ><
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Perhaps it was just my imagination. Were you using it on strong monsters (i.e. Adoulin zone mobs)? I do a lot of reives so this is where I was messing with things. By the way, what gear are you using to get such high damage? It's pretty rare for me to reach 4000-5000 damage with lunge even with same rune combinations. Though it's interesting that I was partially correct that opposing runes do lower the damage, judging from your testing.

I'll do my own testing just to see if it matches up, if it does then we'll know that mixing runes doesn't increase the damage. I should also mention this was tested on monsters that didn't have a strong weakness to elemental magic (i.e. not elementals or anything that takes increased elemental damage) such as the majority of reive monsters. On magic monsters I tend to deal about the same damage as what you stated.
    I tested on the wasps near the Home point in ceizak. Pretty weak mobs, with no particular strengths/weaknesses to magic.

It seems to me that it's not so much using opposing runes that lowers the dmg, as it is just not using the exact same 3 runes. Which is certainly something I didn't know about. So you did discover something in a way.

As for my lunge set. I was RUN/SAM, Capped and merited GS skill. Gear:

Aettir
    A'as Circlet
    Eddy Necklace
    Hecate's Earring
    Friomisi Earring
    Vanir Cotehardie
    Evasionist's Cape
    Shneddick Tights
    Manabyss Pigaches
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

keep in mind some mobs take multiplicatif dmg from some elemental sources.
    umbrils take exorbitant fire dmg
    those blue slimes take also extra fire dmg and blizzard dmg i believe
    carklaws take extra thunder dmg (i think, not sure)
    and matamatas take extra blizzard dmg.
    (0)

Character
    Mugly
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Ah, I see, the merited GS skill and Aettir Lunge bonus are probably the largest contributors for damage there. My GS skills is capped but not merited yet, and I'm still using Eminent sword. Thanks for the heads up though!
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Regarding Lunge at least, I'm getting very much the opposite result.

Ignisx3 5353
    Ignis,Ignis,Gellus 4096
    Ignis,Gellus,Flabra 3369
    ignis x1 1123

It looks very much like the damage modifier for having multiple runes up only increase when you have more than one of the Same rune...

Single Hit Damage = ( Main-hand weapon Skill × (0.5 + Number of Runes × 0.25) ) × Magic Multiplier Terms

Single ignis lunge, 1123. 1123*3=3369. Yeah. The number of runes is being counted as 1 when you have 3 different rune up. You still get 3 hits, but at the single rune dmg rate.
    Not sure I understand your dmg if 1 rune does 1123 shouldn't 3 of the same type do more dmg than 5353 based on that formula? Maybe Aettir doing weird things too? What exactly does it's dmg increase do anyways?
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 05-16-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Player
    If you folks are getting 200 mp back from 3 dark runes, is there a reason why my friend in basically the same level of gear only gets 14?
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Not sure I understand your dmg if 1 rune does 1123 shouldn't 3 of the same type do more dmg than 5353 based on that formula? Maybe Aettir doing weird things too? What exactly does it's dmg increase do anyways?
    My Aettir testing on BG. That formula is pretty accurate as far as I could tell. But I admit, I don't really feel like working through the formula again right now.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    If you folks are getting 200 mp back from 3 dark runes, is there a reason why my friend in basically the same level of gear only gets 14?
    is all of his gear MP > HP gear? dark runes give you MP based on your max MP. If you only get 14 MP returned and have more MP than that to fill, then your friend is doing something wrong. Like only using 1 dark rune or something.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    My Aettir testing on BG. That formula is pretty accurate as far as I could tell. But I admit, I don't really feel like working through the formula again right now.
    Ah ok now that works out much better. Yeah using that makes it look like each element is calculated seperately (makes sense considering resistance, sdt and such) and doing that math the 2 ignis 1 something else should be ~4030 so the 4096 was definitely an odd ball
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast