Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Road Map Update!

I was wondering when the next Road Map update will be release?

I am excited to know what we will be expecting in the coming months going into 2014.
    We heard of talks about upgrading/modifying Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons to its awesome potential (IE: Empyrean, Relic, and Mythic Great Axe merging as one with all available weapon-specific weapon skills, its aftermath, and an additional, new weapon skill to boot?**)

How about some new battle systems to look towards to? Will there be any roaming HNMs that linkshells can tackle for awesome spoils? What's the deal on the new rare/exclusive armor? Are those Avatars (Atomos, Caith Sith, Cactuar**) on the way soon? Will this expansion open doors for other opportunities like its predecessors?

I can ramble on with questions (people are cheering I bet!), but I am sure the people only care about an answer for this question: What is there to look forward to? So breakout that Road Map 2013-2014, upload that baby, and let us see what we can look forward to! Greatly appreciate it in advance!

Note**: Merger of weapons is a good pipe dream! Don't you agree guys? lol. Cactuar should highly be considered and added as an Avatar. It's a staple of Final Fantasy like Moogles and Chocobos. Personally, I think it will outperform other Avatars in damage too.
    (6)
    Last edited by BurnNotice; 04-09-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Player
    I got so excited, thinking this was someone pointing to a JP Dev post with a new roadmap.

Long overdue, even if it's just through the rest of 2013.
    (4)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah, a roadmap would be nice. Though I have a feeling they have a lot on their plates now, thinking ahead is probably the last thing they can do. The new director has been more forward with news though, so he may be overwhelmed right now. Give it a year, should be a better game by then, unless servers will start merging due to low subscribers...
    (1)

Player
    Roadmap would be something like seeing the expansion strung out for more than two full years, with UI update, new 2hrs, Cait Sith, etc, infinitely delayed.
    (1)

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yet they can rebuild FFXIV to spectacular results in little over a year?

How many people are working on FFXI? 3?

If they aren't updating because FFXI doesn't have enough to invest into, then FFXI players aren't going to keep investing. Post abyssea this game was actually heading in a good direction IMO, but where they are going with all this new stuff.. I don't even understand.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The road map I'm looking at appears to be gradually guiding us toward a bottomless cliff >.>
    (6)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think the specfics of the roadmap should just be kept within the company. Telling us a month when something is going to get changed just sets up expectations that may or may not even be met.
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I forgot where I read it, but I believe Mr. Matsui stated that they will not be releasing further roadmaps as timelines and priorities occasionally change.

Which, I'm totally cool with. I would love to hear where play as a monster, avatars, and new SP abilities are at though
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    what use is a road map when the company itself doesn't follow it? take the new avatars and merit-able 1hr abilities for example
    (3)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    I was wondering when the next Road Map update will be release?

I am excited to know what we will be expecting in the coming months going into 2014.
    We heard of talks about upgrading/modifying Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons to its awesome potential (IE: Empyrean, Relic, and Mythic Great Axe merging as one with all available weapon-specific weapon skills, its aftermath, and an additional, new weapon skill to boot?**)

How about some new battle systems to look towards to? Will there be any roaming HNMs that linkshells can tackle for awesome spoils? What's the deal on the new rare/exclusive armor? Are those Avatars (Atomos, Caith Sith, Cactuar**) on the way soon? Will this expansion open doors for other opportunities like its predecessors?

I can ramble on with questions (people are cheering I bet!), but I am sure the people only care about an answer for this question: What is there to look forward to? So breakout that Road Map 2013-2014, upload that baby, and let us see what we can look forward to! Greatly appreciate it in advance!

Note**: Merger of weapons is a good pipe dream! Don't you agree guys? lol. Cactuar should highly be considered and added as an Avatar. It's a staple of Final Fantasy like Moogles and Chocobos. Personally, I think it will outperform other Avatars in damage too.
    King Cactaur, King Tonberry...

They'd have to have very unique, very limited uses. Probably just as gags or one-off attacks like Odin/Alexander.

Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    what use is a road map when the company itself doesn't follow it? take the new avatars and merit-able 1hr abilities for example
    They've addressed both of those issues as well as the UI change issues...
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast