Page 66 of 112 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
    Greetings!

We are still organizing the information for how the effects of the new special abilities will change; however, I would like to go ahead and share the changes that were already implemented on the Test Server:
    • Warrior
      The effect will be changed to the following:
      "While the effect is active, grants a 100% chance of activating Double Attack.” (Can be applied towards weapon skills as well)

• Black mage
      In addition to the original effect, it will now also grant a large increase to magic accuracy.

• Samurai
      In addition to the original effect, it will now also grant TP when evading attacks.

• Summoner
      In addition to the original effect, when using the ability MP will be completely restored.

• Blue mage
      In addition to the original effect, the recast timer for spells that can be used under Unbridled Learning will be removed.

*Currently the ability and status icon explanations have not changed, but the above changes to the effects have been reflected in the update.

Please test them all out and let us know your thoughts!
    (15)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Good positive updates at least.
    WAR is still kinda 'meh', unless people are actually going to make a separate gear set for whilst under this effect, but it's better than it was. Particularly Ukon owners getting TP a little faster, and an extra hit on every Ukko's.
    SAM and SMN I'm surprised about because they were pretty dam good to start with.
    BLM is acceptable, and BLU was required. Neither are particularly special though.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

We are still organizing the information for how the effects of the new special abilities will change; however, I would like to go ahead and share the changes that were already implemented on the Test Server:
    • Warrior
      The effect will be changed to the following:
      "While the effect is active, grants a 100% chance of activating Double Attack.” (Can be applied towards weapon skills as well)

• Black mage
      In addition to the original effect, it will now also grant a large increase to magic accuracy.

• Samurai
      In addition to the original effect, it will now also grant TP when evading attacks.

• Summoner
      In addition to the original effect, when using the ability MP will be completely restored.

• Blue mage
      In addition to the original effect, the recast timer for spells that can be used under Unbridled Learning will be removed.

*Currently the ability and status icon explanations have not changed, but the above changes to the effects have been reflected in the update.

Please test them all out and let us know your thoughts!
    WAR = Good
    BLM = Change it to MAB
    SAM = Wasn't this good enough already? I mean really, it was already better than any other 2-hour basically, and your giving it even more?!
    SMN = I thought this was pretty badass already too, but this makes sense to change, wish you did the same to Chainspell though seeing as its basically the same thing, just altered to fit the jobs needs...
    BLU = I guess ok? Idk, not a BLU, never used the UL spells really because of their bad rep, so cant tell ya how I perceive it.

Camate~ is there any chance you could let me know what will happen to my RDM 2-hours? If you can tell me my buffs get +50% duration & potency Ill give you a big ol Savory Shank! I know how you King Behemoths love those! ~_^
    (6)

War seems solid. There are certainly scenarios where it easily beats out Mighty Strikes, while in other situations Mighty Strikes would win. I can't see any complaints about it.

Blm seems situationally useful, for mobs with extremely high resist rates. Certainly an alternative to Manafont in times where it's a waste to cast the spells even if they're free.

Sam already seemed like it was near the top of the new abilities, but this seems fine when compared to the revamped War (as opposed to the pathetic original War).

Smn is a nice boost, and appropriate. Fill up the MP pool at the start so that you can actually use it, sort of like giving Sam 300 TP at the start of Meikyo.

Blu's improvement is similar to Tabula Rasa's removal of strategem reuse timers, and likewise appropriate for its purpose. As an SP it seems perfectly fine; the only issue is the value of actually using the UL spells.
    (2)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Thank you for the update on these Camate! I am ecstatic about the 2-hours being reduced to 1-hours so they can see more play. I am also extremely interested and optemistic in what the results of stacking origional 2-hours (1-hours) with the new ones. If they can indeed be stacked...

The changes to BLM and BLU look good, but well see how much magic acc this will be giving BLM. SMN getting their MP fully restored is nifty, maybe with the changes to Embrava giving MP we will start to see RDM and SCH magic burning with the help of Chainspell + this SMN 2-hour (1-hour)?... Just a thought.

I'm most I'm shocked about the buffs to SAM but it will still depend on the TP gained when evading, if its 1-3 like with some of the SAM gear that gives tp when you take a hit I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make. However with 2-hours (1-hours) having separate timers Meikyo Shisui + the damage boost and evading provided by this 2-hour (1-hour) will be impressive.

Warriors you guys lucked out with this being far better then your previous new 2-hour (1-hour now) proposed by SE, even if you have your double attack capped out. WAR/SAM with 100% double attack, its already high TP gain + this = WS spamage. Not to mention that this and Mighty Strikes will be on a 1-hour timer and can be stacked with Mighty Strikes! This will result in multiple Ukko's Fury with 4 hits rather then 2 with all 4 landing crits. Would still like to know the duration of this new 2-hour (1-hour).

Last point id like to touch on is, when can we expect updates for the next batch of changed 2-hours (1-hours) including: RDM, THF, PLD, BST, BRD, RNG, NIN, DRG, and COR? And on a slight side note to my piers in the forums... Will you call 2-hour abilities 2-hours or 1-hours now?
    (1)
    Last edited by Vandheer; 10-27-2012 at 04:27 AM. Reason: added to post, questioning if 2-hours will be stackable (old and new ones)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Player
    To me they are 2-hours, have been since I started & will probably continue to be called that by me unless something more catchy comes along, 1-hours doesn't sound quite right, I mean if anything it sounds like they should be called hour abilities, and that just doesn't sound good, kinda bleh. Special Abilities sounds to eh, formal or just long, so need a new term before I plan to stop calling them 2-hours.
    (0)

'SP' abilities.
    (4)

Player
    Yeah but that doesn't sound to good either imo.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    SP stands for Special, I think, so you could call them that if you want?

I'd recommend re-thinking the Dancer 2-hour too. It's approximately the same as the BLU one (now) except that we're limited to using three flourishes and they can cast as many spells as they want.
    (5)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I'd recommend re-thinking the Dancer 2-hour too. It's approximately the same as the BLU one (now) except that we're limited to using three flourishes and they can cast as many spells as they want.
    I don't think the DNC ability will be limited to 3 finishing moves, as far as I'm aware the DNC ability will grant 5 finishing moves while reseting all the recast timers. In addition I believe it will not consume finishing moves for the duration of the effect allowing DNC to spam so long as their timers will allow them to do so and then still have 5 finishing moves afterwords. Information pulled from bellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    DNC: Grants maximum amount of Finishing Moves and the recast time of all Flourishes will be reset. Additionally, while the ability is in effect, Finishing Moves will not be consumed.
    Cut out the coding from the quoted text to spare myself the hassle of sorting through it.
    (0)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Page 66 of 112 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast