Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquine View Post
    Now with SoA and every run demanding an "Ochain PLD only" - the hopes of many players are being quashed by the fanatics who are camping these VNMs day in day out... Basically, forcing any casual player out of the the tanking game.
    Welcome to back when every BRD and PLD were wanting their Daurs and Ochains when Abyssea was hot, and folks were blatantly cheating their way to easy VNM popping.

Be persistant and find a decent timeframe to farm. I helped a friend get his Ochain made from scratch last month.
    (1)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I would love for them to do this but I doubt they will go back to adjust anything in Abyssea anytime soon if ever.
    (3)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I am bumping this thread cause I think it so lame that when I log on and try to do something only to watch me get out pulled by a BST needing seals it makes me want to cancel my account again. This wouldn't have been the case if I had gotten my upgrade on my first pop.

Square Enix, it is not fun watching the screen while you wait until someone else kills the mob you are trying to get. It doesn't keep people playing, it's not a time sink it only makes them quit.
    (6)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

They really need to remove the t2 and t3 bottlenecks or adjust the respawn times dramatically. It's getting silly when I'm seeing people shout for colorless souls for up to 750k each. Every other weapon has 3 pops, having these still at 1 pop is a joke, especially since it's time based.

And no, just because there wasn't a bunch of trials before hand makes this any better, if anything it makes it worse. At least you could have partied up with anyone to camp those nms. Anyone who defends this is either making lots of gil out of idiots buying these or has the "I did it, so you should suffer too" mentality.
    (4)

Player
    Yeah basically, I mean even the people who think that since they did it everyone else should have to too, those people I have to find it hard to believe they could think that way, I would not wish the Soul trials on anyone, ever, its terrible.
    (5)

Character
    Hawkhellfire
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I wouldn't be surprised if SE doesn't change this at all. They seem to forget that this is a GAME and want you to spend all your time in it (and the more you waste, the more you still need to get done). That message when logging in is just there for legal reasons to cover their ass. Look how long it took them to change Ulli? Look how long it took them to change ground kings? If this gets changed, it will probably be around 2018 in the "Look, we'll fix all the things that we should have in the first place, please don't quit, we want all your money" campaign. Come on Square, prove me wrong. Make me eat my words and change this horrible system. I dare you!
    (3)

We understand that the system is difficult but the rewards such as Ochain and Daurdabla are on an equal level. In a previous version update, we did increase the rate at which Abyssite upgrades and there are no further plans to adjust this system.
    (11)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand that the system is difficult but the rewards such as Ochain and Daurdabla are on an equal level. In a previous version update, we did increase the rate at which Abyssite upgrades and there are no further plans to adjust this system.
    It takes about 8 hours to get a delve weapon from start to finish. Do you really think that these are that much better than delve weapons? Or is this newspeak for "We have other stuff we'd rather be doing so suck it up losers"?
    (14)

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I can live with the god-awful upgrade rates, but can't we at least get multiple spawns back on the table? Waiting 10-15 mins on a respawn in a timed area while trying to out-claim half a dozen other parties is not my idea of "equal level" considering all the other weapon mobs have multiple spawns.

Anyway, I guess this is just another example of SE listening to our feedback and kindly telling us to F-off. I suppose we should be excited to at least get a response.
    (16)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

The system isn't difficult at all. It's very luck based and time wasting. All I'm suggesting is that they add in either more ways to spawn the VNMs, lower the spawn timers for the VNMs (or add more spawns in the zone at once,) or give us a way to get rid of the bottle neck of waiting if people pop the VNM, fight it, and wait for the respawn. It can take up to an hour per zone to get 1-2 souls, with a line of sometimes up to 20-30 people in the zone looking for this. Come on now, this is the biggest bottle neck in the game. At least with doing any other event or trial in the game you can do it at your own pace and not be bogged down by other people.

It wouldn't be so bad if jobs like Paladin didn't have to resort to forcing themselves to get this shield just to be able to play their job. It's just that good, and that is the problem.

Throw out a delve shield with a block rate with about the same and maybe it might change something, but having anything but Aegis or Ochain at the moment makes you more of a detriment than a help.

The abyssite nonsense? Fine, I can deal with that, but at least make it so anyone with the KI can pop it at anytime as long as they can find the NM.
    (18)
    Last edited by Radd; 06-05-2013 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Missing quotation

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast