Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Weather, helix, and cure IV/V

I am just wondering why jobs on /SCH can have the same spells as SCH main expect for thunder weather. I looked at the other thread about the comment on stormsuge merits and I can understand the complaint over that as well because of this issue I am posting about.

Now, If jobs can sub whm or RDM for cure IV why is our job as a main stuck on that same spell? I was expecting more of a level 99 game after I quit not a fake 99 game based on level 75 rules still.

This also goes in why not give weather II and helix II? You know spells for the job as a MAIN that can't be obtained as a sub. (You let sub all our helix spells so where is helix II? why were these spells changed to be subable anyway?)

Then I do not get why a 99 SCH requires addendum: black to cast stone IV-thunder IV when rdm can freecast them (back when it was 75 SCH freecast stone III- thunder III same as rdm)

Stone IV - thunder IV under Addendum: black at 75 is fine, at 99 it is stupid.

Please break all the level 75 rule mentally, thank you.
    (11)
    Last edited by Rambus; 09-25-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Sounds good.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Give all whm spells to sch, delete whm. Problem solved.
    (3)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Hmm well if they give sch cure V even though addendum:white, then need to change some rules.

cure V enmity rules needs to be put on cure VI and make cure VI more mp efficient.

If this does happens that is an easy fix, or change how much cure V and VI cure for.

I just do not get why a main job that has cure spells is the same line as a sub.
    (1)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They didn't change helixes so they could be on /sch they changed them cause they changed their ideal
    For sch(again). They lowered helix level to define sch as a Support Mage (to mirror Regen).

So actually the change was so that main sch would get them earlier. They gimped the duration when using it as a sub so main sch version would be stronger. Sadly no one uses helix outside of VW proc anymore so it had the negative side effect of getting sch kicked out of that.
    (1)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 09-25-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    And who cares about if you get the spells easier.

there is 3 stages in the game
    The time you spend leveling 1 to 30
    The time you spend leeching 31-99
    Endamge.

So that update for that reason is pointless. What I care about is that the spells that was suppose to define the job is available on sub now.

so fix it by giving us II versions, heck there is even a gravity II spell now.
    (1)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Not everybody leeches 30-99, book burns still happen and old style parties are extremely rare, but happen.

However, I don't see a point having these spells earlier either, as I don't think it's advantageous to a SCH for two reasons:

In book burns, you get an invite if they're got a free spot and you are the right level and you're able to contribute well without them. Your advantage is stratagems.

For old style parties, which is how I levelled my SCH in the first place, before you get your first helix it's all about your stratagems and (later) weather spells. At 40+ I would mix black and white magic, even when main healer just because I could get away with it. Once I got a helix, yes, it added more to the job, but it was something I looked forward to trying out when levelling. And of course such parties are no longer relevent.

Throughout levelling SCH you get nice little things to add on that make the job different as you go on and it's not all about being a WHM/BLM hybrid.

However, if it could make way for tier IIs, then it's a lot more understable.
    (1)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I would not have a clue about that because i had all jobs at 75 before abyssea.

Anyways helping how you exp is small compared to how endgame jobs compare to each other.

I was 75 SCH when we had III spells so to me those spells define the job along with weather.

If we are not being used for 2 hr then a whm/sch and a blm/sch makes are job totally useless. All our roles are taken over off sub and where is the balance with that? Those jobs are usually in an ally anyway so now it is like, we do not need a sch just be blm -.-

So I return to the game to see my job only wanted for 2 hr, fun.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 09-26-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Yes, 2hr and Modus Veritas, when it decides to work. At least they reduced the recast on that one. But I agree with your sentiments there. As I suggested in another thread, the 3 things that should make us unique are: Stratagems, HoTs/DoTs and Weather. I think stratagems are fine as they are, HoTs have had a good improvement IMO (new regens), but it's DoTs and Weather than still need work to bring Scholar out as a Scholar IMO and not have it as a wannabe WHM or wannabe BLM with an awesome 2hr. In fact, I don't want Cure V because I want to be less like a WHM. Mostly throughout Abyssea I was a secondary healer or main healer on weaker NMs, which is not why I picked SCH as a main (I could have just levelled a WHM instead and would have been more useful) Still, I enjoy the job, I do try to use SCH's exclusive stuff to make it more interesting and I always make sure to regain people, even if it's only 1tp/tick.

Not so sure about more recent endgame, only done VW as a COR and not had a chance to do Legion or Neo Nyzul since coming back.
    (0)
    Last edited by Saefinn; 09-26-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I want cure V for the same reason I want weather II spells and level II helix spells.

A main mage job should not have the same spells as a sub.

It did not happen at 75 so why does it exist now?
    Cure V and cure VI needs different rules so pld and rdm has reasons to have it as well.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast