Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Skirmish 119 Armor Upgrade Path

I was very glad to see that there are plans to allow us to upgrade skirmish armor to iLevel 119. The current skirmish armor, with quality upgrades is some of the best mage gear in slot, beating out 119 AF, and 119 Delve.

Many of us have spent a lot of time & gil trying to get the perfect augment set (or multiple sets) on Skirmish gear.

Is the plan for the 119 upgrade path to wipe out & erase those augments and make us re-acquire them with the higher level gear?
    (4)

Player
    Obviously. the 119 armor is an entirely different item from the 113 item, and thus will not have the same augments as an entirely different item. This is what you get with item level systems, nothing you work on matters for a more than a month, because you'll have to toss it when you get something better in the next event.

Of course, had we leveled up through an extended merit system, or had we just increased our actual levels, our work wouldn't be wasted, because our strength would come from our characters getting stronger rather than our gear. That and you would have to take all 22 jobs to level 119, instead of now, where you take BRD to 119, and use it to get the gear for the other 21, instantly jumping them to 119 at the same time.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    Obviously. the 119 armor is an entirely different item from the 113 item, and thus will not have the same augments as an entirely different item. This is what you get with item level systems, nothing you work on matters for a more than a month, because you'll have to toss it when you get something better in the next event.
    While I know you are sadly correct, I have to say, lets give them some credit, they haven't raised the limit from 119 as of yet since back in the second month of Adoulin, and they have let these pieces be the top pieces of gear for many things and many jobs for about half a year, so, its not that bad by compare to 'nothing you work on matters for more than a month', but I know, meant as an exaggeration.

I still hope they find a way to transfer them or something, otherwise we are going to have a lot of angry and disappointed people on these forums, or at least, more so than now.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I still hope they find a way to transfer them or something, otherwise we are going to have a lot of angry and disappointed people on these forums, or at least, more so than now.
    They can't, it's literally impossible. Every single possible augment ends with a different item the game has to keep track of. The game isn't taking your hagondes coat, changing it's stats, and giving it back to you, it's deleting your old one and handing you back a new one. That's why you can't store anything with augments without losing them. In order to keep the augments of the 113 gear on your 119 gear, they would need to create a different upgrade path for every single 113 augment possible, into every single 119 augment possible, and turn 25 items the game has to remember into millions of them.

That one change could be the size of an expansion and probably have to come on a disc by itself.
    (0)

Player
    They can't, it's literally impossible.
    I won't pretend that I understand exactly how their system works for it, but, I assume every augment has a different 'code' of some sort that makes it a distinct item in its own right, that way when you log on for instance it can tell what augments you had before, rather than just forgetting them and giving you no augments every time you log in. Now, assuming it does save it in such a way where the game can tell that piece apart from another Hagondes Coat, there seems to be no reason why the game could not just look at your Hagondes Coat, see that it has +25 MAB, and then give you your new Hagondes Coat +1 with +25 MAB Pre-Augmented on it by applying the 'code' to that new one that would give it the same augment. Just how I see it at least.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So basically we'll have to downgrade our gear before we upgrade it, because there's no way the new gear will be better out of the box than our old gear with augments.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    So basically we'll have to downgrade our gear before we upgrade it, because there's no way the new gear will be better out of the box than our old gear with augments.
    Or just get a second set to upgrade and use the old one till you get something better. It's not as if you're not sitting on hundreds of lebadopt wings after a couple dozen runs anyway.

The game can't see the +25MAB bit of code on your coat because it doesn't exist. There's a piece of code for the unaugmented coat with +10 MAB, and then there's code for a completely different Hagondes coat with +35 MAB. It's not the same unaugmented coat with 25 more MAB stapled to it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Louispv; 01-24-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Getting the gear itself has never been the problem. It's getting the augments you want that are the roadblock.
    (0)

Player
    The game can't see the +25MAB bit of code on your coat because it doesn't exist. There's a piece of code for the unaugmented coat with +10 MAB, and then there's code for a completely different Hagondes coat with +35 MAB. It's not the same unaugmented coat with 25 more MAB stapled to it.
    Which~ is what I said.
    I won't pretend that I understand exactly how their system works for it, but, I assume every augment has a different 'code' of some sort that makes it a distinct item in its own right
    By which I meant exactly what you just said, following that I said...
    Now, assuming it does save it in such a way where the game can tell that piece apart from another Hagondes Coat, there seems to be no reason why the game could not just look at your Hagondes Coat, see that it has +25 MAB, and then give you your new Hagondes Coat +1 with +25 MAB Pre-Augmented on it by applying the 'code' to that new one that would give it the same augment.
    By this I meant that for instance, and I know this is now how the code would look really but bare with me my dumbed down example, if the code for Hagondes were 2113XXXX, the first X being the PDT augment while the second is determining what the extra augment is, and the third/fourth Xs are the potency of the augment. So lets say that extra augment 0 is nothing, 1 is Fast Cast, 2 is Enmity-, 3 is MAB, 4 is MAcc, 5 is Pet MAB, and 6 is Avatar Perp. Now lets also say that Hagondes +1 will be 2119XXXX with the same idea behind the Xs. All they would have to do to transfer your augments for a 4 PDT 25 MAB Hagondes Coat to a Hagondes Coat +1 would be for the game to look at your Coat, see that its code is 21134325 and give you a Hagondes Coat +1 with a code of 21194325, thus, you are given a Coat with the same augment without any problems.

I fail to see why if they are distinct items in their own right that SE can not simply pair up the numbers, codes, whatever, with one another so that when upgrading an augmented piece you receive an augmented piece in return.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Getting the gear itself has never been the problem. It's getting the augments you want that are the roadblock.
    I believe what he is saying is that rather than upgrading your current armor with its augments being lost you should simply use Wings or Yorcia to get another copy of the item, then upgrade that new blank one to try augmenting and until it surpasses the stats of your original simply do not use it, thus, you keep your original with its augments so long as your new one is not superior. It makes sense and it will or should work, but its still poor by compare to simply giving the augments to the new gear.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast