Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    I don't see how making each elemental spell equal would break anything in terms of enemy weakness and all that. If anything, it would allow all BLMs to choose an element they like, rather than all BLMs ever focusing on Thunder and Blizzard based spells. I think spell equality would put more of a variety from BLM to BLM. I've known quite a few who would've enjoyed BLM more if they could deal as much damage with Stone spells as they could Thunder.

Personally, I've always found it weird that Stone does less damage than Thunder on a monster who's neither weak nor strong to both elements.
    my favorite is when fighting a creature that's supposedly fire, therefore strong against blizzard and weak to water, blizz V does more than water V, yea, I have ice merited, but still...the elemental weaknesses thing doesn't seem to have a great effect one way or another
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Why is it that WHM gets 2 more tiers of Cure than SCH (Cure V and Cure VI) yet SCHs get the same tier nukes as BLM. Sure, they get the T5s later than BLM, but the fact is that SCH still gets them. We all know at 99 SCH will have the same single target nukes as BLM.

SCHs have Ebullience, Klimaform, -Storm spells etc. BLMs have no way of increasing their damage besides gear.

There is still room for T6 nukes (or AM3) but with Comet/Meteor on the way I don't see this likely.

I know BLM gets AoE magic, but I think SE mentioned looking into Manifestation being able to make nukes AoE for SCH. WHM gets AoE healing but SCH has Accession. I know it doesn't work with Cure V/VI but AoE curing is still available to them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rohypnol; 08-19-2011 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

Character
    Leonstrife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We consider a black mage’s weapon to be magic. To give a pretty extreme example, the concept is that you are a magic expert, but have little to no weapon attack power.
    If this is the case why did it take 7+ years to introduce anything that outclassed Elemental staffs (Vulcan's etc)? Mythic or relic weapons should be better than all current options for every element all in one staff, but currently they are not.

That aside, for the love of all that is holy I would give up every update to every mage if you would Unify elemental Obi and Grips into one all element item. Even just the Obi is fine since they are quested and just add a final quest for combining them together. the current system requires mages to carry around 8 different magian staffs for DMG, 8 for Acc(which need to be one quest stage lower to utilize in macros), 8 Elemental Obi & 8 Elemental Grips. Not even putting into consideration the Grips for specific magic types that is a ludicrous 32 items just to be able to fully utilize your job's ability to cast multiple elements. I have 6 Melee classes and all of them combined don't even have that many weapons. Why can this discrepancy not be fixed?
    (3)

Edited OP sence breakga is confirmed.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    still noone has any idea what the enmity douse enhancement does on the +2 empy hands
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    still noone has any idea what the enmity douse enhancement does on the +2 empy hands
    I'll add the question but I don't think they will answer it. (they never answered what the sch +2 body does... they want the playerbase to figure this kind of stuff out)
    (0)

Character
    Juxtaposition
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    * How come the area of effect damage of the warrior's weapon skill "fell cleave" doesn't generate enemity to the warrior? As a blm this seems unfair because our area of effect spells still generate enemity to us.
    Is this serious.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtaposition View Post
    Is this serious.
    If you don't like the question whine to the person who made it (Inafking). This is a place where anyone can ask a question so the admins can see it. If you think that question is stupid make your own question to be added here.

Everyone gets to have there question added to the OP as long as it can't be answered already based on the knowledge given to the playerbase.
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've mentioned it before, but a stance JA that increases the base power/MP cost/casting time/cooldown of all elemental nukes of a given tier to that of your current highest usable spell in that tier would be great.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    I've mentioned it before, but a stance JA that increases the base power/MP cost/casting time/cooldown of all elemental nukes of a given tier to that of your current highest usable spell in that tier would be great.
    SE kindof already answered the "make elements equal" question.... however if you want to ask it again who am I to stop you.

question added.
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast