Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: RNG Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    I went ahead and checked with the development team about your question regarding corsair.

While the possibility is not zero for corsair to receive a Recycle job trait, in the event that they did, it would not be as strong as the effect ranger is to receive.

The current focus at the moment is for ranger adjustments, so once concrete plans for this have been decided we can look into this as well.
    Thanks for the follow-up Camate, appreciate it.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    CORs will see some love maybe in another few years.

The RNG update will be implemented before that time. But it will take so ridiculously long that the developement team will change their minds about it and consequently, it will not make it to the live servers.

"We appreciate your understanding and tolerance for the absurd amount of time it takes us to do....everything. Further communications will be sluggish and mostly irrlevant to actual game play mechanics...and your concerns."

-Thank you
    (1)

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Demand will go down, price will go up, corsair will pay the bills. Consider this sooner than later.
    (1)

Player
    In response to some ridiculous JP posts about scout's beret +2, do NOT nerf this piece of equipment please. RNGs already have a hard time keeping up with TP gain when every other melee is operating under capped haste. I can't believe people are even questioning whether to use the piece in the first place. Anyone who knows what they're doing should be using the beret right now... This should be a buff, not a nerf.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    Didn't say i would sub rng on cor to save ammo, i'm saying people could if they were really hard up for a recycle trait and corsairs shouldnt act so damn entitled when rangers get something.

Anyone sweating ammo costs should stay away from COR and RNG imo anyways and yeah sub /WAR - duh.
    Not really looking forward to recycle being so potent that we have people bandwagoning on a job like they do with war+ukon or drk+rag
    Nobody is acting damn entitled to get everything ranger get, more like you just want RNG to be so unique, try harder. I was merely stating the fact that tossing gil to do subpar dmg is pointless. And considering it's very hard to get a decent COR due to the cost of the ammo(majority of the player isn't interested in playing ranged job properly due to the cost), this actually benefits everyone who is into endgame, playing COR or not. If you're into endgame, you most likely will pt with another COR. Out of all CORs I've known on my server, I know maybe 3 player, including myself, full time most expensive bullet. Everyone else all using bronze/steel and rarely shoot for TP. That means everytime me, or you, or another player pt with a cheap COR, entire pt output is lowered because nobody want to use more expensive bullet and would rather gimp themselves. And that hurts everyone in the ally.

If I'm going to act as if COR so damn entitled to get everything ranger gets, I'd ask for velocity shot, ask for A rank skill level, ask for relic access, ask for A.bullet, ask every single offensive job trait Ranger has, but I didn't. COR getting recycle doesn't increase COR's output, doesn't make it surpass RNG in terms of DDing, it doesn't change the job AT ALL. It just makes this job less expensive to play and that benefits everyone who brings a COR to endgame scene. "Don't play COR if you can't afford it" is a poor arguement, because you will need to bring COR to endgame no matter what, so if nobody want to play COR due to the cost, then you get no COR and your RNG + other DD will do piss poor dmg.

Make COR cheaper to play with, it not only benefits ppl already playing COR, but also a good incentive for more ppl to play COR, and easier to find a COR full time best bullet when you need one in ally. I fail to see why anyone would against it when everyone gets benefit.
    (3)
    Last edited by Afania; 11-09-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Character
    Rayix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Recycle is for people who shouldn't be playing Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello!

Producer Matsui has been carefully looking into ways to address players’ concerns about ammo costs, and is planning on the below changes:
    • Recycle job trait
      • Instead of acquiring this trait via merit points, it will be learned naturally through leveling. The strength of the effect will increase in tiers depending on your level.
      • Adding merit points to the Recycle category will enhance the activation rate.

While there were other suggestions given as feedback, the development team feels that increasing the effect of Recycle holds the most benefit. They are still in the midst of discussing what would be a good amount to enhance it, but as a starting point they have currently mentioned a rate of 90% with the job trait, merit points, and equipment. Please note that they are not planning any kind of damage decrease to go along with these changes.

We will be sure to keep you posted on any additional information we hear!
    Camate, please tell Director Matsui this: Don't waste your time with insignificant gimmicks, focus on the real issues the jobs are facing.

I would like to call attention to what was said in the "Job Adjustments Manifesto" ( http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ents-Manifesto )

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein
    • Vision
      Hunters who use the wisdom they gain from tracking Vana'dielian beasts to deliver excruciatingly painful and precise attacks from long range, yet almost never draw the target's attention away from the front lines.

We plan to enhance rangers' ability to stay out of sight and out of the minds of their targets while rewarding their long-distance efforts.
    • Example Adjustments
      • Adding the effect of Subtle Blow to ranged attacks that are unleashed from a suitable distance.
      • Adding an effect to ranged attacks from an enemy's side or back that reduces enmity.
      • Adding an ability that increases enmity towards party members positioned between the ranger and his/her target.
    Nowhere in that list do you see ammo as a concern. It's a trivial matter compared to the real issues surrounding Ranger: HATE.

Ranger deals its best damage at a distance, but when Ranger deals its best damage, it draws the monster's attention. Ranger draws the monster's attention, the monster chases the Ranger, drawing the monster away from the melee who are on it, and reducing Ranger's damage by no longer being at a distance.

It's really pushed a reliance on the relic weapons, Yoichinoyumi and Annihilator, because of their fixed-hate weapon skills, and even that's not enough to keep them out of trouble, as the white damage on those weapons is crazy.

The third example turned out to be Decoy shot, and it helps, but it's not nearly enough. We were promised a TRAIT enmity reduction based on our position, and that hasn't come through for us. Ranger has NO defensive ability to speak of, is severely lacking in damage reduction gear, and inconveniences everyone else when they pull hate unless they're standing in melee range and that's exactly what you're NOT supposed to do on Ranger.

I'm not saying the natural recycle is a terrible idea for Ranger, but I don't want you to think "We gave Rangers natural recycle (that we don't really need), so we're not going to give you an enmity reduction trait (that we DO NEED)." The current situation is such that a person basically NEEDS a relic weapon in order to be able to play the job as it's intended.

That's my feelings on the matter. I'm all for seeing Ranger get some much-needed love, but give us what we need, not some silly distraction.

-Ryx
    (6)
    The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power.
    How can I explain this to you... The sly eagle hides its claws.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryx View Post
    I'm not saying the natural recycle is a terrible idea for Ranger, but I don't want you to think "We gave Rangers natural recycle (that we don't really need), so we're not going to give you an enmity reduction trait (that we DO NEED)." The current situation is such that a person basically NEEDS a relic weapon in order to be able to play the job as it's intended.

That's my feelings on the matter. I'm all for seeing Ranger get some much-needed love, but give us what we need, not some silly distraction.

-Ryx
    I wouldn't say cheaper cost isn't silly distraction nor "don't really need", when there are many times a player is being asked to come RNG or COR to help out, and player refused to and would rather come another job because he/she isn't in the mood of spending a couple hundred K of gil just to help. Plenty of ppl did that, including some relic RNG. I did that(sometimes) too, if LS want me to help a random VW which I don't need anything and don't get any benefit, I can. But I can't promise that I'm always in the mood to spend a couple hundred K just to help friend/LS. Either I'm coming another job(as previous post stated, don't play it if you can't afford it. So why should I play it if I can't afford it?), or you sponsor my bullet. And I'm not the only one doing that, plenty of well geared anni RNG does it too, that they often demand to come mage if they're not in the mood to spend a couple hundred K to help LS/friend.

Cheaper cost address the issue that you can get ppl to play the job easier when the pt needs it. Of course I'm not saying hate issue for none-relic RNG isn't important. But there's a reason why RNG and COR are one of the least played job in FFXI. In the case of COR, it's very high demand and still one of the least played job.
    (0)

I have to wonder sometimes, if rng and cor were PLAYED as much as nin would we see ammo availability like there is with nin tools? after all, as a crafter what's the point in putting anything on AH when it never sells?
    (1)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowardlybabooon View Post
    Demand will go down, price will go up, corsair will pay the bills. Consider this sooner than later.
    Orichalc. Bullet x99 97 [Ammo] All Races
    DPS: 2225 DMG:89 Delay:240 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+2
    LV 97 RNG COR
    (0.872 sold/day;
    Pouch*1: 2.433 sold/day;
    p*12: 0.160 sold/day
    Adaman Bullet x99 98 [Ammo] All Races
    DPS: 3175 DMG:127 Delay:240
    LV 98 RNG

4.139 sold/day
    pouch*1: 5.785 sold/day
    Gargouille Arrow x99 97 [Ammo] All Races
    DPS: 3400 DMG:51 Delay:90 Ranged Accuracy+5
    LV 97 RNG

1.173 sold/day
    q*1: 0.448 sold/day
    q*12: 2.904 sold/day
    ammo used: arrow> Abullet >Obullet
    cor can't use arrow nor Abullet
    (1)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciaa View Post
    They need to just add a npc that sells all ammo types at a cheap price. It's really sad when having the most current ammo makes a player seem like a elite RNG.
    I like this idea and any others related. There are NPCs who make quivers, let there be NPCs that also make arrow for a flat rate. This can help crafters(or not) but mainly rangers who don't have the craft. Just bring the MATs and cook up some arrows!!

This in turn may lower AH prices to something reasonable instead of price abusing.
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast