Page 4 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    4) Allow players to solo Assault Missions
    You're a bit behind aren't you? They did this last month, same with Salvage, and the ones you can't solo easily right now, they said they are working on to make easier to solo or make the Trust NPCs help like with Lamps in Nyzul if I remember correctly.
    (0)

Okay I got one more, don't know how hard it would be to implement this, but how about a search function for the auction house. It really sucks having to scroll through a ton of items when you're just looking for a specific item.
    (3)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Yes please there are times I want to sell or buy something and I have to play where would I be if I was (_____). Really love this feature in XIV.
    (0)

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'll link up an ancient post of mine that got a little bit of attention... (and it seems like they did a partial implementation of #1 with the color of the targeting arrow... though I never saw it mentioned in update notes)
    1. A method of accurately determining your range from a target.
    2. An Area of Effect indicator.
    3. The Tactical Points (TP) of other party members.
    4. Status of party members. (both buffs and ailments)
    5. Remaining time on status effects.
    6. Text command to cancel buffs.
    7. A "Text Advance" button that does not select menu options.

I'd revise #2 by saying that now that Geomancers have those glowy areas of effect, this could be used for bard songs very easily, along with the other points mentioned.

I also made this post further down the page with a macro suggestion. (an option to swap the locations of macros on bars, rather than just deleting, copying or pasting)

I'd add 2 more ideas right at this moment that I've wanted for YEARS:
    First: Appearance Lock
    5 armor slots for "appearance" only, that must be equipable by your current job. Once set, your gear never blinks. "Check" will see your real gear. HOW HARD IS THIS?

2nd: Gear Sets
    This wouldn't need any new interface additions. Simply equip the gear you want for a "set" and type /gearset save 1 (through ... 99? or more!)
    Now, in macros, it only takes 1 line to change gear by: "/equipset 1"
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by AyinDygra View Post
    I'll link up an ancient post of mine that got a little bit of attention... (and it seems like they did a partial implementation of #1 with the color of the targeting arrow... though I never saw it mentioned in update notes)

I'd revise #2 by saying that now that Geomancers have those glowy areas of effect, this could be used for bard songs very easily, along with the other points mentioned.

I also made this post further down the page with a macro suggestion. (an option to swap the locations of macros on bars, rather than just deleting, copying or pasting)

5 armor slots for "appearance" only, that must be equipable by your current job. Once set, your gear never blinks. "Check" will see your real gear. HOW HARD IS THIS?

This wouldn't need any new interface additions. Simply equip the gear you want for a "set" and type /gearset save 1 (through ... 99? or more!)
    I think that these would be great ideas. I was reading through your old post and I noticed that it dates back to 2011, which seems to around the time that SE was in a down spiral and had to swallow their pride and Actually start listening to us the customers. Hopefully your suggestions and your old thread will get the attention it deserves.
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AyinDygra View Post

With zero inside knowledge, but just going off of previous dev posts I would assume the appearance lock would be feasible to implement. They recently added the option for everyone else to appear with starting gear so it seems within the realm of possibility.

I also assume viewing the TP would be possible (and I think it was previously mentioned as part of the new UI update).

I would guess that as wonderful as your idea is about viewing party member buffs, the current UI won't allow it– it seems really strapped for usable memory, and those being bitmap data would probably bog things down to a crawl (imagine abyssea buffs on top of it all). The new UI however might allow for it as I believe the text is no longer rendered as bitmap data and with native Windows fonts, possibly freeing up memory for things like that. I imagine this also holds true for remaining time on status effects.

I bet the area of effect indicator would be extremely time consuming to add for all known abilities (unless there is some sort of global hook for the different types like cone, major AOE, minor AOE etc).

All great ideas.
    (0)

7. 01-21-2014 10:34 AM

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Increase sending slots - Self explainatory, but much needed for those with several mules.

Make Bonanza marbles key items.

Please release the rest of the missing crafting torques, that were obtained through Grounds of Valor caskets.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mnejing; 01-21-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    If they add a big glowing "!" over all quest NPC's, they would HAVE TO add a config button to /block this graphic, for those of us who find this type of gaming insulting to our intelligence,
    Exactly how much intelligence does it take to spend an hour or so speaking to each and every NPC in a particular town in the hopes of finding a new quest? And then changing jobs and stating the process over since some quests are triggered by that?

Yeah, fine, include the option to disable it for whatever reason, but "insult your intelligence?" If there's any insult involved it's S-E expecting the playerbase to pay for the hosting, upkeep and maintenance of third-party websites (wikis) with such information so necessary for gameplay.
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Suggestion:

Remove all need for previous mission progress from new end game content.

So, no more needing to get sky access before I can complete voidwatch (just let me warp there from the NPC for the first time, like I got to warp to Mount Zhayolm for the first time)
    No more needing to get to sea before I can reforge my AF, etc.

No more! Seriously. I am going to quit the game if I'm expected to spend a month of my playtime soloing missions in order to play with my friends.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

11. 01-22-2014 11:34 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I was referring to using my intelligence, to check the internet and dialogue with in-game friends and LS. Also when you join this game, you are an "Adventurer." Adventuring by its very nature involves leg-work, running around talking to NPCs. New players (and it would seem some older players) want to have everything automatically laid out for them, in big glowing exclamation marks. But that isn't what being an adventurer in a role-playing game is. Also you have to use online websites, which are essential in any case - for map routes, synthesis, etc. in some of the more confusing areas. FFXI is a huge game and you will always need a monster-sized website to provide the info on all the things that the game doesn't tell you.
    Anyway so long as they add a disable toggle I don't care - which is what I already said. You can run around with your glowing "!"s if you want to, but I like the natural atmospheric RPG look of the game, and if I need a guide I will ask a friend on the LS or I use a website.
    Le sigh, why is this even still a topic? I edited my original post because ppl were getting so bent out of shape about the whole quest icon. Personally I could care less about it since I use the different wiki sites myself and only suggested for those ppl who at some time on the forums or in my fb group that hate how vague the quest descriptions are and hate having to resort to a wiki to figure out everything. Me personally I have a ton of quests that have been in my quest log for years and I honestly forgot about them so having some sort of reminder or whatever to say "Hey you still have this quest to do" doesn't hurt at all. And for everyone that keeps saying that having a quest icon breaks immersion my question to you is, how is it that having something (quest icon or additional quest log info) to help identify a quest npc breaks your game immersion, but having to stop mid-play every time you go to do a quest and search a wiki for what to do next doesn't? Doesn't make much sense to me. I don't know about you all, but immersion means diddly squat to me if I have to break it and stop mid play just to surf the web for info that even if you speak to a 100 in game NPC's, is not provided by the game itself.
    (2)

13. 01-22-2014 01:22 PM

Page 4 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast