Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    I never said it did, but you make it sound like it is the worst at everything possible when it isn't. I'm trying to understand your reasoning that blu sucks, but I can't see it based on the build of the job. I especially can't see it when you compare it to a primary role because blu wasn't built that way.
    Not the worst possible, but far from the most optimal. If you can't find someone to fill the slot that can do the job better, then by all means, but on anything that matters that seems highly unlikely.

It would be foolish to say that a BLU can do any of its possible roles better than a job that actually fills those roles.
    (0)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The thing I want to add to what Pro is saying is that having an awareness of limitations doesn't mean we're complacent.

There's a reason why so many Blue Mage's have so much skill. It's because the job makes you work for it. Just because we can't be the best for every role, doesn't mean we don't use them. It just means you've gotta be smart with it.

The only job I play, and only job I will ever play is Blue Mage. There's never been a situation where I've felt there's not a place for me. Voidwatch was close. Close. But you just find a way around and mix it up.
    (0)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The other side of that coin is the people who think Mirage Charuqs are cool to fulltime. I'm really not sure BLUs have a higher average skill/competency level than any other job.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    BLU is a job that is so gear intensive to effectively be as efficient as possible, I try to reserve judgement on most BLU's until I see them in action. Even a pink BLU has surprised me from time to time. Some skilled BLU's are clueless on how to gear properly, which is fine/understandable as not everyone can get on forums or perhaps know any good BLU's. It's the clueless [A] BLU's who have absolutely no understanding about the job then complain in my LS with their 95 BLU on where to learn certain level 40, 50, 60, etc. spells and how big a pain it is to learn spells vs. buying them that I have 0 tolerance for and have been known to call them out, don't fuck up my job with your inept and laziness, find a job you can buy your spells and gtfo.
    (1)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    They aren't skillful if they don't know how to gear properly. Sorry.
    (1)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The other side of that coin is the people who think Mirage Charuqs are cool to fulltime. I'm really not sure BLUs have a higher average skill/competency level than any other job.
    Yeah.. but we've had those types of BLUs for the past 5 years. There's just more of them now.

For Lols:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre
    Jar.caitsith wrote:why do BLU think it's cool too cast in SH?

They don't know better. Educate them.
    the hells up with Morrgan's on blu? stuff sucks for 90% of everything..

Full set is fantastic for INT and MND spells, hands are good for CHR spells too. Body is our best Expiacion piece and our best TP piece if we don't need the ACC from Mirage Jubbah.

I might be remembering wrong, but I think it's also our best CA Vertical Cleave piece? I'll have to go back and dig that up again, it's better than AF+1 for a specific spell with CA or SA, I forget.
    Why ppl LVL blu and use Cobra mage gear......wtf x.x

See #1

Enkidu's harness sucks. dif you dounbt this then you suck go lvl thf.

If I remember correctly, that's our best WS piece other than Morrigan's Robe. Nice for TP too if you lack a Refresh piece.
    WOW you got a Mrike with +10 acc and doal weild THAT SUCKS FOR BLU! relic better hoe toss that !!
    Isn't that our best non-Refresh TP option? inb4 Tashan and his Mirke...
    (0)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    They aren't skillful if they don't know how to gear properly. Sorry.
    For the most part I agree, but there are rare exceptions.
    (0)

Character
    Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwate View Post
    skilled BLU's
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwate View Post
    clueless on how to gear properly
    For me, you can only pick 1, sorry.

Or maybe you redefine your definition by what it means by being a skilled BLU.

Anyway, I think we also need more spell slot on top of more set points.
    My default spell set is at 58/60 set points with 20/20 slots filled.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    For me, you can only pick 1, sorry.

Or maybe you redefine your definition by what it means by being a skilled BLU.

Anyway, I think we also need more spell slot on top of more set points.
    My default spell set is at 58/60 set points with 20/20 slots filled.
    ....always exceptions. Skill doesn't always represent the best gear. Sorry if that doesn't fit in your little box.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kwate; 10-14-2011 at 03:52 AM.

Player
    Knowing how to gear yourself is part of skill though.

My standards when it comes to not close friends is fairly low though, if you have a half decent haste set and gearswap you're okay in my book.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast