PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Help

Flye_Serria
05-10-2011, 11:08 AM
I quit when ffxi WoTG came out I came back after 3 yrs and I wanted to fish so I got a 90SMN and got active account for 3 months can fish but I dont seem to be getting no skill up at all been fishing 25 fish+ and no skills and assistance ?

ShadowHeart
05-10-2011, 11:14 AM
what level fishing are you? what have you been fishing ?

Flye_Serria
05-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Fishing 0 it won't skill up at all

ShadowHeart
05-10-2011, 11:21 AM
fishing skill ups are about the slowest in the game i started in port sandoria with little worms which you can buy from merchant in south sandoria as well as a yew fishing rod to start with. When you hit level 10 you can not progress any further until you have handed in test fish in windhurst. they changed fishing several years ago if you fish with a job below level 20 you are limited to very low fish catch so make sure to fish with job higher then this. you can catch upto a max 150-200 fish a JP gameday.

Flye_Serria
05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
yea I under stand that but shouldn't I get skill ups from catching Yellow globes if I am 0 or is that too high

Flye_Serria
05-10-2011, 11:23 AM
that and bastore sardines is what I catch with rig and halycon Fishing Pole

ShadowHeart
05-10-2011, 11:30 AM
yes u should be leveling off them both but fishing skill ups are very slow :( not like weapons or magic

try talking to the fishing guild master and join the guild but u shouldn't have to
fish with job over lvl 20 fish ur limit for a couple days if u dont skill up at all after joining guild and doing this i would report bug to SE even at that level you should be getting 1-2 levels if u catch your max limit of fish per JP day

Flye_Serria
05-10-2011, 11:32 AM
I was thinkin about that talkin the the guild but i am too busy getting Elemental Trials done for SMN I fish if I am on the boat to Whitegate but that is about it for now but I would love to start fishing after my trials

Pagronith
05-13-2011, 05:52 AM
There is another way to get fishing skill-up which is a bit of a mini-game. In Lower Jeuno there's an event called Moblin Maze Mongers. If you go to the goblin junk shop, you'll be able to get started with it. What you'll want to do once you've gotten started with it is rent a maze from Duplidox that has Voucher 08 Aquatic Depopulation Team installed on it. It doesn't have to have any runes as this should be sufficient for a beginner. Then you should allow your C.C. points to accumulate through inactivity of maze usage (I think the full 6 points occur somewhere around every 3 days after you last entered a maze). Completing the maze with full 6 points will yield a second additional chest which has a chance of increasing your fishing skill (I'm sure there is a Fishing level cap but I'm not sure what it is, sure doesn't give me any at 98 though).

The actual event though is a competition to catch fish and turn them in to defeat a brother pair. In other words, a fishing contest. There are monsters inside but they don't aggro (but they will eat your fish that you catch). There's also an NPC which provides you with a generic rod and bait though you can use your own as well. The maze is most fun when you have friends to help you (and even more fun when you have something like a Ventrillo server to communicate) but it certainly is doable solo. The fish within may also give you skill-up when pulling them up and they don't contribute to the fatigue you get from normal fish. It's something nice to do every 3 days if you're not using mazes for anything else. Also, you can even make it more challenging if you net yourself a Salinity Shift rune, though I recommend you practice without it first (you'll get freshwater fish without it and saltwater fish with it).