05-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Type of Internet Connection: Cable
Internet Connection Speed: 3Mbit/s)
Date & Time: 20h26 EDT
Frequency: twice, stopped trying afterwards
Character Name: Gropitou
Main Job: BLM90/WHM45
Area and Coordinates: Upper Jeuno G-6
Party or Solo: Solo
NPC Name: Appollonia
Steps: Clicked on NPC for weather info, character froze, unable to do anything, had to quit game (both times).
05-01-2011, 05:13 PM
This may be a technical issue. Please contact our information center at http://support.na.square-enix.com > Final Fantasy XI > Contact for additional assistance in order to prevent this from occurring. I will be moving this topic to the technical support section in case others have experienced a similar issue and can provide some suggestions.
SQUARE ENIX Moderator
05-04-2011, 08:05 AM
We can offer a few suggestions if you are experiencing any of the following:
• Have difficulty connecting to or staying connected to the PlayOnline Viewer or FINAL FANTASY XI
• Crash, receive a black screen error, or get stuck at the downloading data screen upon clicking your character handle or character select button
• See your the lag meter turn red
• Encounter increased lag or connection problems near crowed areas
• Have trouble accessing specific zone(s)
• Have trouble logging in with specific character(s)
• Receive any of these errors: 3113, 3100, 4001, 1160
1. Check to make sure you have properly configured or turned off any of the following: Routers, Proxy Servers, NAT Servers, Internet Connection Sharing services.
2. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC: TCP 1024 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535. Also, check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software/hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.
3. If you are using a router, and have configured that router for port forwarding, temporarily bypass that router and connect directly to the modem.
Please take note of the following:
• Proxy servers, and satellite connections are not supported and do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.
• Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.
• If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.