View Full Version : Camera Freezing in sea Serpents Grotto
04-07-2011, 05:32 AM
I'm having an issue where my camera freezes in certain points of SSG. I can still move and attack creatures but just not move the camera. I thappens just outside Norg and behind the mythrill door at J-9.
04-07-2011, 05:36 AM
Just had it again at j-9 and the game keeps trying to zone me too. The screen goes black as I have and then the game comes bacl saying I'm unable to enter the new area. I generall fix it by moving the character and logging out and then back in.
04-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Thank you for posting your concerns about your camera freezing in Sea Serpents Grotto. In order to make sure that we conduct an investigation that is as thorough as possible, it would be a great help to us if you provided as much information as you can in the following form:
Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.
Specify which platform was in use to play the game.(“PlayStation2”, Windows, and/or Xbox 360)
Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.
Type of Internet Connection:
Specify the type of connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)
Internet Connection Speed:
Specify the speed of internet connection. (Example: 768Kbit/s, 5Mbit/s)
Date & Time:
Date and time of when the issue occurred. Please be sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)
State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
3. Once (did not reproduce)
Which character did the issue occur with?
Race of your character when the issue occurred.
(Hume M, Hume F, ElvaanM, ElvaanF, TarutaruM, TarutaruF, Galka, Mithra)
World where the issue occurred.
Main job and level of your character when the issue occurred.
Support job of your character when the issue occurred.
Area and Coordinates:
Area and map coordinates where the issue occurred.
Party or Solo:
If you were solo when the issue occurred, please write “Solo”. If you were in a party, please write “Party”. With alliance, please write “Alliance.”
*If you wrote “Party” or “Alliance”, please also include the number of members.
Name of NPC that your character was interacting with when the issue occurred.
*If you were not interacting with any NPC, then please write “None”.
Name of monster that your character was battling against when the issue occurred.
*If you were not battling against any monster, then please write “None”.
Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
*Please try to include the following details.
•What you were doing when the issue occurred. (Example: Battle, mission, quest, crafting, synthesis, etc.)
•Please do your best to write using official terms for item names and skill/ability names. Please avoid any abbreviations or improper terms.
•If you were using macro commands when the issue occurred, please include the details of the command.
•In case the error message appeared when the issue occurred, please include what the message said.
*In case you cannot post all of the information in a single post due to character limitations, please make multiple posts.
Thanks again for your participation!
04-09-2011, 03:04 AM
Thread Title: Camera freezing in Sea Serpents Grotto
ISP: Virgin Media
Type of Internet Connection: Cable
Internet Connection Speed: 50 Mbits
Date & Time: 6th April at around 8:30 pm GMT and 8th April at around Midnight GMT
Frequency: Always at the moment
Character Name: Kaylie
Main Job: RDM 90 the first two times SMN 58 the third.
Support Job: WHM on both.
Area and Coordinates: Sea Serpents Grotto at G-5 and J-9
Party or Solo: Solo
NPC Name: None
Monster Name: None
Steps: The first two times it happened at G-5 and J-9, I was running on RDM to look for mobs to go coffer key hunting. The second time at G-5, I was on SMN running to go hunting for the chest.
04-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Sorry I meant to say thats J-9 behind the Mythril Door. G-5 is on the first map coming out of Norg
04-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Greetings again , Auron!
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the report. I can understand how annoying it can be to have the camera freeze in Sea Serpents Grotto, so I have made sure to submit your information to the development team for a thorough investigation. I recommend checking on this thread and www.PlayOnline.com for any news about the investigation. Thanks again for your report!
04-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Greetings once more, Auron!
Thanks for your patience with waiting for a response. After a thorough investigation, the development team determined this matter to be a technical issue, so I have made sure to move this thread from "In-Game Bugs" to "Technical Support," just to make sure that your report is properly addressed. Thanks again for your patience!
04-28-2011, 03:37 AM
We can offer a few suggestions if you are experiencing any of the following:
• Have difficulty connecting to or staying connected to the PlayOnline Viewer or FINAL FANTASY XI
• Crash, receive a black screen error, or get stuck at the downloading data screen upon clicking your character handle or character select button
• See your the lag meter turn red
• Encounter increased lag or connection problems near crowed areas
• Have trouble accessing specific zone(s)
• Have trouble logging in with specific character(s)
• Receive any of these errors: 3113, 3100, 4001, 1160
19. Check to make sure you have properly configured or turned off any of the following: Routers, Proxy Servers, NAT Servers, Internet Connection Sharing services.
20. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC: TCP 1024 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535. Also, check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software/hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.
21. If you are using a router, and have configured that router for port forwarding, temporarily bypass that router and connect directly to the modem.
Please take note of the following:
• Proxy servers, and satellite connections are not supported and do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.
• Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.
• If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.