PDA

View Full Version : Colonization Reive and Lair Reive Feedback

Camate
07-18-2013, 04:09 AM
Please post your feedback related to Colonization Reives and Lair Reives in this thread.

Emitremmus
07-18-2013, 04:22 AM
I LOVE the Reive system, however I feel that it still needs some tweaking to the proportion of bayld you recieve for the actions that you initiate.
Colonization Reives: I don't have a problem with the people standing nearby and getting the minimum bayld for doing nothing. But when I get the same amount because the Reive is over so quickly and I'm laying the smack down on some Birdos and carving Z's into rocks, it's kind of unfair.

Lair Reives: Not a whole lot of incentive to do these, and if there is, I've missed it. It would be cool if these dropped some cool temp items for use in the other reives or something, would give people a reason to do them.

RalphTheGalka
07-18-2013, 05:27 AM
The colonization rates need tweaking. It's annoying seeing the colonization rate for a zone *decreasing* while we're destroying every reive in sight. I get that you don't want this to be another weekly tally thing, but it shouldn't decreasing when people are actively removing every reive in the zone.

A lot of reives feel like there's 30 people and 20 mobs crammed into a 3 foot wide corridor and it's simply not fun. This is especially true of Marjami. Increase the effective range of the battlefield by at least 10 feet. This would open things up some, without having to worry about people hiding mobs half a zone away.

Only give status when a player makes an action against a reive target, or does something to assist a player with status. This would remove a lot of problems. Increase the countdown timer before tags expire when going out of range. It's too easy to accidentally leave a reive without noticing until it's too late.

Emitremmus
07-18-2013, 05:37 AM
It IS pretty awkward when you see

"The area's colonization rate has increased to 99%"
"The area's colonization rate decreases to 98%"

Rwolf
07-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Looking at the proposed plans by Matsui in the other thread. The only thing I'd like to see is Yorcia Weald's reives to become easier or yield a lot more bayld per evaluation than Marjami Ravine. Marjami Ravine's reives are nowhere near as hard, which is one of the main two reasons people flock there. The other reason being between true sight aggro and getting easily lost in Yorcia Weald.

Right now it's really hard to do Yorcia Weald reives unless you have a small army. On BLU with capped Blue Magic skill, +Blue Magic Skill and merits I can barely keep anything asleep more than once. We were dying every 1-5 minutes with 9 people (including a Paladin with Ochain trying to hold adds) until thankfully a stray RDM showed up and tried to keep everything asleep. The throttle on magic resistance needs to be pulled back a bit. Also their attack power and magic aoe attacks could be pulled back some.

Given the dangerous and confusing terrain. Doing either lowering difficulty or significantly increasing bayld will encourage some players to do reives there instead of cramming themselves into overcramped Marjami Ravine.

Nyerieri
07-18-2013, 06:47 AM
I wish there was a way for the GM's to give back lost bayld from hours of fighting due to maintenance on servers. That would be a great improvement.

Babekeke
07-18-2013, 06:54 AM
I agree with Rwolf. We went to Yorcia due to Marjami always being way over-camped, but with PLD, MNK, 2 x WHM, BST WAR and DRG/RDM, we were still dying every few mins. WHM can't sleep anything even with capped skill and decent gear. The stupid amount of enfeebs laid down by the mobs there doesn't help either. Twytherims and funguar silence and paralyze us. Saplings slow and sleep us. If both WHMs got hit with any enfeebles, we're screwed. Not sure what the other mob-type is in the reives as we only managed to do 2 before people got bored and left.

Babygyrl
07-18-2013, 06:55 AM
love the adjustments but now you need to make them re spawn every 20 minutes or so hour is 2 long

Edyth
07-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Personally, I'm very happy with Colonization and Lair Reives. Decrease the reive ban to 3 minutes if you leave a reive. That's my one suggestion.

Pug
07-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Colonization:

* The standardized Exp/Bayld reward received at the conclusion of a Reive is good. Everyone was there to help, and everyone should be rewarded equally for this that do something to contribute.

* Recent changes to the end evaluation have made doing nothing, rewarding, this should not be the case. (700/700 for just showing up)

* Over-crowding due to a desirable item drop in the end evaluation treasure pool for specific zones leads to very little enjoyment of the activity itself. There is so much damage being dealt to the Reive object, in some cases that its impossible to receive any evaluation other than the final one. Which generally means no items will drop, which leads to the continued farming for the desired items, which continues to congest the zone.

* Normalized evaluations for all types of activity is a good thing. It allows for job variety and player preference, however, now it seems there is no real point to having anyone do anything involving prolonged combat. Everyone involved has a clear interest to get that end reward chance for the job specific back pieces with the new zones. This does not allow for players to engage in exciting combat, attempting to tame the void-tainted wilderness. We're left with watching everyone smash a rock to dust in the least amount of time possible.

* Allow every type and location of Reive to drop non-region specific items.
- Crafting materials and delve shards remaining linked to where they are sourced or used is understandable
- A back piece for every job doesn't need to be specific to these new areas, unless you're going to tell me their Velkk made ^.^
- Marjami sitting at or near 100% which for a place so remote from everything makes no sense when every other area is near or below 50%
- Skirmish needs help getting people into the current tier of battles, get rid of Iron Sand, Pebbles, Moko Grass and Seeds of all types (there is a vendor in Easter Adoulin with unlimited amounts for sale why drop in a Reive?)and make Skirmish pieces the new 'pebble'. I didn't get a back piece, i didn't get a shard, I didn't get 'rare' crafting material, but at least i got something that could lead to Gil, or some other character improvement.

Lair:

* The Lair Reive is just that, its about killing a monsters tiny house, not the monster(s) that lives there. While I do like being able to Solo Lair Reives without the need of a pet job, this sounds like it should be more menacing and difficult, its a joke.

* Let the Lair spawn monsters at specific health steps (85%, 60%, 45%, 30%, 15%) and once it spawns monsters from the Lair, the object is immune to damage until the monsters are defeated. Scale the reward up to match the effort.

Kaeviathan
07-18-2013, 08:26 AM
There's gotta be a better way in obtaining these job specific mantles and capes. I've spent hours today and got a mantle for a job I don't use.

Vivivivi
07-18-2013, 08:34 AM
I would like to see either an auto-rr implemented or a stoneskin effect upon raising. Whether it's a momentum bonus, a boon granted based on colonization rate, or a questable KI doesnt matter to me, but it would be nice not to be forced into coming on either a pet or twilight job when numbers are low.

Catmato
07-18-2013, 09:29 AM
I have a suggestion for increasing bayld yield from Colonization reives.

For every person participating in the reive, the obstacle should get a certain amount of DT-. It allows the reives to be low-manned if necessary, but also increases the duration and bayld yield if there are many people fighting.

I would like to see either an auto-rr implemented or a stoneskin effect upon raising.I mostly agree with this. Reraise should be a momentum bonus. Especially since RR earrings are up to 60k on Leviathan.

Zarchery
07-18-2013, 10:14 AM
I didn't realize there was a dedicated community team generated thread before I posted the below in a separate thread. Which I guess makes sense because I made that post yesterday and this one was posted this afternoon.

But the short version: Make reives optional. Let those who want to participate for items/bayld/XP do so, but install NPCs or something to let you get around the reive if you're just passing through. As it stands, the fact that they create regenerating physical barriers all over the zone is making me hate Adoulin a lot. I got some lucky breaks doing recent stuff just because Adoulin is hot content right now and a lot of people are doing this stuff. But one day it's gonna be just like Campaign and those reives are never gonna get done and the obstacles are gonna stay up forever.

-------------------
I had really been looking forward to Seekers of Adoulin. I love to explore brand new areas and I love the promise of new storyline. My hopes were dashed after it became apparent that almost all of the new zones required constant end user maintenance. All because of colonization reives blocking the way.

It cuts people off from most of the zones most of the time. On Sunday, I decided to start doing the new missions. I also decided to go get the new key items that let you climb scalable walls. To accomplish this, I had to go through the following process:

1) Warp out to station 4 in Foret de Hennetiel which was fortunately still there and which I had obtained a few months ago.
2) Travel west toward Doh Gates, but UH OH! Reive blocks the way. Someone's gotta knock that tree down. I can't do it solo (I tried, didn't even come close). So I waited around a while, gave up, and logged out. Logged in twice on Monday; the second time I got lucky and the tree was down so I grabbed the opportunity to scurry across and head to Doh Gates.
3) Get to Doh Gates, try to make it through to Marjami Ravine. Uh oh! Another reive! And I'm all alone! Luckily for me a friend had already reached Marjami and was able to take the waypoint out there, backtrack, and tractor me past the reive. So I caught a break there.
4) Get to Marjami. Start the quest for climbing. Uh oh! There's a reive in place! Luckily this seems to be a popular one and there's a big group working to clear it. I made it through with the help of a bunch of strangers, but it took a long time... Probably at least a good half hour.
5) Continue onward... Uh oh! ANOTHER REIVE. Again I luck out because several people are in the same boat as me and this time the reive is completed pretty quickly.
6) I move through, find my way to the Velkk Cache and get the key item, return to base camp without trouble and complete the quest. Now it's time to return to the mission stuff.
7) I do a bunch of cutscenes in Adoulin and find out I need to go to a spot in Cirdas Caverns. So I set out on a treacherous journey. I get to use my newfound climbing skill to get through Moh Gates. There are a fair number of reives in Cirdas, but there are also a lot of paths, so I can walk around. Finally get to the spot where the Ergon Locus is supposed to be and.... you guessed it... ANOTHER REIVE.

I gave up and left at this point.

This is just ridiculous. Reives it seems can't be soloed. Judging from my experience at the first reive in Marjami, you need more than a full party of well geared people. Now I have no problem with this if you're fighting notorious monsters for cool and powerful gear, but we're talking simple sightseeing. We're talking accessing the new expansion. To make matters worse, the obstacles in the reives regenerate! This feels like Chains of Promathia, except after you cleared Promyvion, you only had access to the Tavnazia region for an hour and then if you left you had to clear all three Promyvion zones again.

Or it's like Garlaige Citadel before the pouch of weighted stones, except instead of 4 people you need 10, and instead of 3 banishing gates there are dozens, and instead of a little bit of your time you need a lot.

As far as missions go, I'm fine if there's combat involved. I can gather together a party to do a BC fight. But with these missions, you have essentially 5 fights (1 in Hennetiel, 1 in Doh, 2 in Marjami, and 1 in Cirdas), that seem to be to difficult for one party of moderately geared players. But that's not even the issue! If you even want basic access to the new zones for simple sightseeing, you need to fight your way through.

And the thing is, it's just going to get worse as time goes by and people lose interest in Adoulin. Look at Wings of the Goddess! Most of the zones are controlled by the beastmen because there's no incentive to do campaign. That's not a big deal because the zones are pretty much exactly the same regardless of who controls them. But in Adoulin, when people aren't doing reives any more, most zones are going to be impossible to navigate!

Can we please just get rid of the stupid reives? I know people need reives to harvest bayld for other Adoulin endgame activities. So maybe replace the colonization reives with lair reives that you can just walk around and avoid. Or put in place near the colonization reives some sort of NPC that will let you warp around them? Maybe for a nominal amount of gil or bayld? Sorta like those mandragora that warp you around in Battalia, North Gustaberg, and Garlaige Citadel.

I'm usually a very patient man when it comes to this game, and am pretty apologetic to SE.. but this is really absurd. It doesn't even anger me, it just depresses me, to know there's this great big world out there and fun new missions, but I'm cut off from all of it.

Delvish
07-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Had this in another thread, but reposting here.

I have two major problems with Colonization Reives in Marjami Ravine. The first everyone has experienced, and is mostly a player intellect problem. Everyone goes herp-derp hulk smash on whatever is targetable. Mobs go down, and reive ends in 3-5 mins. 80% of the attendees are then part of the 700 club because they didn't do enough e-peen to qualify for capes.

My suggestion to resolve this would be rocks with more HP.

Problem #2, Me and two others recently went south to one of the reives down there where no one goes. There was a SMN already AFK there with pet on wall, and we put our own on the wall, while myself and a few other DDs took out the accompanying birds. We kept this process going for AN HOUR AND A HALF. I think we did pretty well don't you? Apparently not. All 3 of us 700 club, with 2 pebbles and a Velkk Necklace between the 3 of us. Hour and a half = terrible rewards.

Suggestion to resolve this, probably re-evaluate evaluations because they aren't working.

Here is where things get tricky. We have two very opposite situations, one where a small group will spend an hour and a half destroying a reive obstacle. On the other hand we have in the same zone a huge number of players destroying a reive obstacle in a few minutes, so fast there is no real evaluation being completed. Try to fix one situation will make it worse for the other.

So now you have decided to reduce the HP of an objective (opposite of my first suggestion) so we will likely experience worse situations on the too fast side. I like what Pug mentioned about monster repops at certain percents, even if applied to colonization reive. If you kill the monsters, they don't come back until the reive is at a specific point. This allows low-man runs to focus on mobs, then the wall, then the mobs. (in our 1.5 hour run, 3 summons were on the wall while 3 DD were taking out the mobs one at a time, and by the time the 4th was down, the 1st had already repopped. Wash, rinse, repeat) On the other hand, if you have a large number of people focusing on the wall with repops coming every 10%-20%, very quickly people who aren't paying attention and are on the wall will find themselves swarmed with first 4 mobs, then 8 mobs, then 12 and 16. You get 12 birds in that tiny area and people will die, but it will teach them to GTFOff the wall.

Splinters
07-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Increase the frequency of Colonization Reives. When an area is congested with players doing reives, the battles tend to end quickly and much less points are received.

Grant Stoneskin effect upon receiving Reive status to give mages a chance to get into position and deal with aggro.

And here is one that will never happen but I would love to see: Have the reives grant plasm along with experience points and bayld. It would be nice to have a chance to earn plasm solo at some kind of decent rate.

Kristal
07-18-2013, 05:17 PM
But the short version: Make reives optional. Let those who want to participate for items/bayld/XP do so, but install NPCs or something to let you get around the reive if you're just passing through. As it stands, the fact that they create regenerating physical barriers all over the zone is making me hate Adoulin a lot. I got some lucky breaks doing recent stuff just because Adoulin is hot content right now and a lot of people are doing this stuff. But one day it's gonna be just like Campaign and those reives are never gonna get done and the obstacles are gonna stay up forever.

Reives CAN be gotten around. In some zones you need to run around a bit, in others you can use survival skills like watercrafting or climbing to bypass colonization reives. If Morimar Basalt Fields doesn't have those shortcuts yet, it's because the skill is planned in a future zone. (A hangglider to get over cracks, for example.)

Ixander
07-18-2013, 06:32 PM
These are my ideas for colonization reives:

1) Have a simple way to get past them without fighting them. Make them "transparent" like bushes, or don't have them completely block the path, or have a ??? that warps you from one side of the reive to the other. Whatever the method, doesn't really matter as long as you can get past every reive without fighting it. This way you can make changes to monster quantity and power, obstacle hp, reive re-spawn rate, and rewards without affecting the ability for single players to move through the zone. This might defeat the "colonization" theme of the event, but when you're going to such great lengths to change the event that it may no longer be feasible as a source of bayld, just to accommodate solo play, this might be a better alternative.

2) Make sure players must do "something" to get credit for the reive. Right now you can just be away near a frequently fought reive and get 700 bayld every hour.

3) If a reive ends before even 1 evaluation takes place, items should still drop to participants. Increasing evaluation frequency when there are many players engaged will help, but making sure that players can get items regardless of how quickly a reive ends would be good.

Tsol
07-19-2013, 12:19 AM
Off the top of my head and from what I've read, remove the new JSE capes from the wildskeeper reives first. Also, change it so that capes are split between the new zones so that either Marjami and Yorcia each have a pool of 11 capes or include Dho Gates and split it 8/7/7. I think you would see more people doing reives and thus help increase the colonization rate in the other zones.

Re-raise from reives would also be a nice addition like what WoE has.

Lithera
07-19-2013, 01:32 AM
There is a second entrance to doh gates south of Biv 4 that isn't blocked by a reive and offers a Clean run straight to Marjami. The reives on the ramps are just part of the quest difficulty and the end result is the ability to bypass those reives with climbing.

Savannah
07-19-2013, 01:48 AM
I have a love-hate relationship with the easier Reives.

**There are only 3 monsters up at a time, and they're too squishy! There is no reason monsters inside the Reives should be a thousand times easier than the monsters outside.

**We found that as long as there are 3-5 people in the Reive, we get significantly better bayld when compared to doing new zone Reives (which I would much prefer as monsters are not squishy, however the boulders are zerged down too quickly) or when there are 20+ people in the old zone Reives.

**I love being able to get through Reives easier for when we're alone, but it's pretty much a joke now. I enjoy some type of challenge. I thought that was the point of SoA.

**Last thing, what is with all the pebbles and iron sand as rewards? I'd honestly rather get nothing because I can get all that junk when I'm mining for adaman and khroma ores.

FrankReynolds
07-19-2013, 01:56 AM
**Last thing, what is with all the pebbles and iron sand as rewards? I'd honestly rather get nothing because I can get all that junk when I'm mining for adaman and khroma ores.

I hate those items because they fill my inventory without me noticing and then I get no rewards.

Increase the bayld rewards (leave the xp how it is), increase the frequency and make it possible to pass through the walls, cracks, rocks etc.

dragmagi
07-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Mobs need to stop walking through the walls. And stop with the common synth drops at the end of review. Also make roots and rocks easier to target since its hard to see which are still active

Sapphires
07-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Fix the Marjami reive afkers sitting on the edge of the reive boundary getting 700xp/bayld for doing nothing.

Boost the amount of bayld people get that are actually tanking/healing/buffing - it still rewards DDs especially monks hundredfist spamming on the wall more than other jobs, and worse they force the reives to end too quickly because they want to outdamage everyone.

Across all jobs participating, rewards are extremely unbalanced, there are certain jobs that arent even worth taking to do reives because they get poor evaluations even if extremely well geared so you'll never get a JSE cape.

You should also consider making the new capes buyable with 100k bayld at least, it would at least give a way to get capes they really want with a lot of grinding, instead of just relying on voidwatch style luck.

detlef
07-19-2013, 05:10 AM
-Marjami is a great zone. It has many colonization and lair reives. None of the reives have mobs that use very damaging AoE attacks. You can bypass the reives if you want. No true sight mobs. The map is easy to navigate.

-Yorcia is none of these things. You can't find your way around. There are only 4 colonization reives in the entire zone. Some of the mobs include opo-opo and rabbits, both of which have very damaging AoE attacks. There are panopts that are true sight and need to be avoided. The colonization reives do block your way so you couldn't avoid them if you wanted to.

Suggestions:

-Don't let mobs aggro through walls, as a physical barrier should be enough to not let them detect us. However, I would like to have my cake and eat it too and say that we should still be allowed to pull mobs through the wall if we want.

-This is selfish but my BRD gets terrible evaluations for doing my job. Is there a way to increase bayld yield?

-Increase JSE cape drop rate and add a quest to allow people to pick the one(s) they want. A low chance of one of 22 capes is not fun.

-Make Yorcia more friendly to people who want to do reives there. I have no hope for a better map, and the area probably cannot be altered at this point to add more colonization reives. So my suggestion would be to add many more lair reives.

-Add some lair reives to Dho Gates. For that matter, add some things to Sih and Moh gates that makes them more interesting than just a passage to more interesting zones.

Peepiopi
07-19-2013, 07:45 AM
The Reives are fun for a while, and I'm still having "O.K." fun with them being a pet job player. However, I think a lot of the feedback so far in this thread has been spot on. This is all awesome feedback.

I'd say that I'd like to see more common Simulacrum items drop from these reives. As it is, Skirmish is an excellent form of alternative Bayld farm, and gear progression for Delves, but these darned Skirmish items don't drop all that frequently. I wanna do more Skirmish!

Leonardus
07-19-2013, 01:26 PM
I don't like how Reives go from too easy to...frustratingly impossible.

If you're alone and you need to get through an outer Reive beyond Yahse... Have fun keeping sneak/invis up for 2 hours while your pet whittles down all the assorted roots, palm trees and whatever.

I mean it's like, either stand there and idle uselessly, or take a swing and get aggro from 3+ enemies that proceed to murder you for 100+/hit.

I get it. It's a group event. But does it honestly really need to be? I was just trying to explore. Can't there be a middle-ground between "afk at the roots" and "good god this sucks, I can't even touch them?"

Louispv
07-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Add the Capes to every zone's reives. This eases congestion, it makes them easier to get on your own schedule, and it gives us an actual reason to do reives in every zone. Cause right now it's "Get capes in Marjami, get bayld in Ceizak, ignore the rest of the world."

Vivivivi
07-20-2013, 02:14 AM
I think most the previous comments are the most critical. I'd like to take a moment to make some less important suggestions about potential momentum boons:

Increased bayld/exp boost (the longer you sustain defeating enemies while steadily dealing damage to the target yeilds an increased percentage)
Treasure Hunter boost, or simply allow actual TH to affect potential drops.
Various status boosts, crit+, def+, evasion+ MAB+ etc

Catmato
07-20-2013, 03:11 AM
simply allow actual TH to affect potential dropsAllow THF to be useful? Never.

kallika
07-20-2013, 03:36 AM
The thing i would like to see with Colonization Rieves or Lair Rieves would be MORE BAYLD after each evaluation and the ending of the rieve. The exp is ok and the rewards are nice bonus minus the crafting items, but i think players would participate more if there were even higher bayld rewarded, and since there are more things being added that require bayld such as Mog Garden a greater increase would help bring more incentive to doing them.

It took a few years for them to raise the allied notes given in campaign, but by then it was to late, so i say do it now with reives so it is actually relevant while the content is still fairly new.

FrankReynolds
07-20-2013, 04:15 AM
Treasure Hunter boost, or simply allow actual TH to affect potential drops.

Screw that. Remove TH entirely from the game and beef up the damage / survival / party buff stuff instead.

Babekeke
07-20-2013, 06:50 AM
Can we be told how our exp and bayld are calculated?

As a general rule, on a DD job I tend to get about 3 x more exp than Bayld. On BRD I get the minimum cap (80 I think) of each. However, when I was doing them on RUN today, was generally getting the usual 3 x more exp than bayld, but on occasion I'd get the same for both.

And later on in the day I seemed to be regularly getting more bayld than exp!?

No idea what I was doing differently, so I won't be able to re-create it. The only thing that I can think is that there were a few more people there towards the end. does more people mean more bayld, but lower exp?

Alpheus
07-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Were you participating in the simon says portion of colonization reives? As in actively following the momentum bonuses? Only thing i can think of.

Grayhawk
07-20-2013, 09:21 PM
I know its been said but to participate in marjami rieves for 4 hours and get 4 pebbles is BS. SE needs to get off their dead ass and fix this crap.

detlef
07-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Oh and another thing. 5 seconds is not enough time to reenter a reive if you wander too far unknowingly, especially since the borders are invisible.

Helldemon
07-21-2013, 04:58 AM
Definitely agree. It should be at least 10 seconds if not 15 to reenter.

Babekeke
07-21-2013, 10:35 PM
And only 1 min before being able to re-enter.

kewitt
07-22-2013, 12:51 PM
I would like a Tweak so that you can't get Bayld 2 times in a row from the same Reive location, This would prevent people form AFKing all day just getting bayld.

FrankReynolds
07-22-2013, 02:41 PM
I would like a Tweak so that you can't get Bayld 2 times in a row from the same Reive location, This would prevent people form AFKing all day just getting bayld.

Why? Are they ruining the economy or something?

Kristal
07-22-2013, 08:41 PM

Just pull a mob on top of them. It's not MPK if they AFK. Note that a PUP, SMN or BST with a pet on target is not AFK, just bored.

HimuraKenshyn
07-23-2013, 12:05 AM
With the new gear the revives die so fast its almost pointless the amount of bayld you get for running around the map especially in Maj ravine. Wars fell cleaving the things down in less than 2 minutes time ugh.....

Oh and whatever computer genius added a knockback move that sent me so far out of field by the velk that I couldn't make it back in in time needs a new occupation maybe something in the liberal arts.

FrankReynolds
07-23-2013, 03:10 AM
Just pull a mob on top of them. It's not MPK if they AFK. Note that a PUP, SMN or BST with a pet on target is not AFK, just bored.

First of all, it is still MPK. Second, why do you care? Is that guy lowering the price of orvail gear on the auction house? Are RMTs making billions selling Reive weapons to NPCs? How does this affect you at all?

Zigerus
07-23-2013, 07:54 AM
This along with certain jobs still not able to obtain any bald using the jobs and recommended.

Colonization:

* The standardized Exp/Bayld reward received at the conclusion of a Reive is good. Everyone was there to help, and everyone should be rewarded equally for this that do something to contribute.

* Over-crowding due to a desirable item drop in the end evaluation treasure pool for specific zones leads to very little enjoyment of the activity itself. There is so much damage being dealt to the Reive object, in some cases that its impossible to receive any evaluation other than the final one. Which generally means no items will drop, which leads to the continued farming for the desired items, which continues to congest the zone.

* Normalized evaluations for all types of activity is a good thing. It allows for job variety and player preference, however, now it seems there is no real point to having anyone do anything involving prolonged combat. Everyone involved has a clear interest to get that end reward chance for the job specific back pieces with the new zones. This does not allow for players to engage in exciting combat, attempting to tame the void-tainted wilderness. We're left with watching everyone smash a rock to dust in the least amount of time possible.

* Allow every type and location of Reive to drop non-region specific items.
- Crafting materials and delve shards remaining linked to where they are sourced or used is understandable
- A back piece for every job doesn't need to be specific to these new areas, unless you're going to tell me their Velkk made ^.^
- Marjami sitting at or near 100% which for a place so remote from everything makes no sense when every other area is near or below 50%
- Skirmish needs help getting people into the current tier of battles, get rid of Iron Sand, Pebbles, Moko Grass and Seeds of all types (there is a vendor in Easter Adoulin with unlimited amounts for sale why drop in a Reive?)and make Skirmish pieces the new 'pebble'. I didn't get a back piece, i didn't get a shard, I didn't get 'rare' crafting material, but at least i got something that could lead to Gil, or some other character improvement.

Lair:

* The Lair Reive is just that, its about killing a monsters tiny house, not the monster(s) that lives there. While I do like being able to Solo Lair Reives without the need of a pet job, this sounds like it should be more menacing and difficult, its a joke.

* Let the Lair spawn monsters at specific health steps (85%, 60%, 45%, 30%, 15%) and once it spawns monsters from the Lair, the object is immune to damage until the monsters are defeated. Scale the reward up to match the effort.

Edit: Also if your a taru and your trying to melee a Monolithic Boulder you literally have to stand right in the middle of it and on top of it or you are out of range. I'm not sure if it's the same way on other classes but it's super annoying for me since you agro everything on the other side of the boulder since you have to be so close.

Sapphires
07-23-2013, 08:58 AM
First of all, it is still MPK. Second, why do you care? Is that guy lowering the price of orvail gear on the auction house? Are RMTs making billions selling Reive weapons to NPCs? How does this affect you at all?

bayld->KIs to level up mog garden
bayld->serums/etc used on garden locations->harvest is basically a bayld->gil conversion method, you can get some rather insane crafting materials if you know what to do.

so yeah afk at a reive and getting bayld for nothing is basically afking for gil

Louispv
07-23-2013, 11:09 AM
bayld->KIs to level up mog garden
bayld->serums/etc used on garden locations->harvest is basically a bayld->gil conversion method, you can get some rather insane crafting materials if you know what to do.

so yeah afk at a reive and getting bayld for nothing is basically afking for gil

Nothing you can grow in your mog garden sells for more than 40k. Everyone is using their mog gardens to grow those things and the prices have been falling non stop. And those require the 12k bayld fertilizer to make, and even then you'll have to get lucky to get 1. So 700 bayld an hour into 12,000 bayld if 18 hours. Or 2.2k gil an hour. If that's a RMT apocalypse, for the love of god, nerf Valkurm Goblins! killing them with gilfinder results in 10x as much money added to the economy per hour.

Stop complaining about things that have no effect on you what-so-ever.

Siviard
07-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Ok, lets make it simple. People who are AFK at "safe spots" in range of a Colonization Reive are being rewarded for doing nothing.

Douchebags would call it "smart," but the reality of it is, it's a dick move and something needs to be done about it.

(my apologies for the foul language, but I am beyond irritated at the 60+ people in Ceizak Battlegrounds right now on Shiva just sitting AFK and getting free Bayld each time a Colonization Reive is completed)

Behemothx
07-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Ok, lets make it simple. People who are AFK at "safe spots" in range of a Colonization Reive are being rewarded for doing nothing.

Douchebags would call it "smart," but the reality of it is, it's a dick move and something needs to be done about it.

(my apologies for the foul language, but I am beyond irritated at the 60+ people in Ceizak Battlegrounds right now on Shiva just sitting AFK and getting free Bayld each time a Colonization Reive is completed)

Doing nothing? maybe. They're paying their 12.95/month just like you though, what's your problem?

Sapphires
07-23-2013, 11:27 PM
My problem is that entitled lazy abyssea baby casuals shouldn't act like its their right to get free stuff for afking.
Whats your problem with me having a problem with it? I actually care about this game having some semblance of game balance and effort/reward ratio.

It creates extra rieve lag when theres a wall of afk people at the edge of the reive area.

I'd rather not have 75+ afk more people in a zone that already has bad lag when doing wildkeeper reives

Bayld purchasable Crafting rings, bayld armor/weaps , bayld fees for airlixir augments/skirmish augs/grease, mog garden items, access KIs for wildkeepers are all things that people were supposed to you know, do actual work gaining bayld to acquire.

I'm done trying to explain why this is bad for the game, reives are now an abyssea worm party afk-fest , without the ability to kick out the leeches. Enjoy your free bayld lunch while it lasts.

Siviard
07-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Doing nothing? maybe. They're paying their 12.95/month just like you though, what's your problem?

It's called "taking advantage of a flaw in the system." Much like the Salvage bans, people were taking advantage of a flaw in the system. Although getting Bayld for doing nothing isn't nearly as severe as duping items, and thus, people won't get banned for it. It is not fair for those of us who actually put in hard work into getting our Bayld legitimately.

I guess I should have covered all my bases. I covered "douchebags" in my previous post, but failed to cover "lazy asses" saying "lol it's my $12.95 a month what do you care?"

dasva
07-24-2013, 12:07 AM

You are irrated because people can afk in places in the game in a completely legit way? Let's just kill the ability to stay logged in afk!

I'm sorry but saying something needs to be done and going off on these people is the "dick move" as you put it.

Siviard
07-24-2013, 12:31 AM
I'd rather be a dick, then. If nothing is said, nothing will be done, and lazy people will basically be getting free Bayld armor, free key items, free etc. etc. if they continue to be allowed to AFK within range of a Colonization Reive. Surely the Development Team at SE did not intend for that to happen.

FrankReynolds
07-24-2013, 01:26 AM
I'd rather be a dick, then. If nothing is said, nothing will be done, and lazy people will basically be getting free Bayld armor, free key items, free etc. etc. if they continue to be allowed to AFK within range of a Colonization Reive. Surely the Development Team at SE did not intend for that to happen.

DId it ever occur to you that the devs may have known this would happen and intentionally set the exp / bayld at what they thought was an acceptable rate for afking as a means of throwing a bone to people who can't spend 80 hours a week in reives? Perhaps you are the dumb one for not using an intended function of the game. All your crap about work ethic and earning your keep just reeks of bitter jealousy. Work ethic is for the real world. Games are for fun. No one here is impressed by your perceived moral obligation to earn your keep and your stupid complaints will likely have the effect of screwing it up for everyone. Mainly the people who are not afking.

It doesn't hurt the game. Your being a baby.

TLDR; Get a life.

Siviard
07-24-2013, 04:55 AM
DId it ever occur to you that the devs may have known this would happen and intentionally set the exp / bayld at what they thought was an acceptable rate for afking as a means of throwing a bone to people who can't spend 80 hours a week in reives? Perhaps you are the dumb one for not using an intended function of the game. All your crap about work ethic and earning your keep just reeks of bitter jealousy. Work ethic is for the real world. Games are for fun. No one here is impressed by your perceived moral obligation to earn your keep and your stupid complaints will likely have the effect of screwing it up for everyone. Mainly the people who are not afking.

It doesn't hurt the game. Your being a baby.

TLDR; Get a life.

Spoken like a true lazy person and professional troll. And I very highly doubt the Development Team intended for it to happen. A slight oversight on their part that I sincerely hope is rectified soon.

"An intended function of the game?" Sounds like the same type of butthurt from people who were banned from duping Salvage drops a few years back. And buddypal, I'm far from "jealous" as you say. You're just trying to illicit a response from me like the Official Forum troll you are.

FrankReynolds
07-24-2013, 04:58 AM
Spoken like a true lazy person and professional troll. And I very highly doubt the Development Team intended for it to happen. A slight oversight on their part that I sincerely hope is rectified soon.

"An intended function of the game?" Sounds like the same type of butthurt from people who were banned from duping Salvage drops a few years back. And buddypal, I'm far from "jealous" as you say. You're just trying to illicit a response from me like the Official Forum troll you are.

When all else fails, Just shout TROLL!!!!...

Siviard
07-24-2013, 05:00 AM
When all else fails, Just shout TROLL!!!!...

The truth hurts, doesn't it Frankie?

FrankReynolds
07-24-2013, 05:28 AM
The truth hurts, doesn't it Frankie?

Uhh.. I know you are but what am I?...

Am I supposed to get mad and say I'm not a troll now? If I do will that somehow make my points irrelevant? I think you are out of gas. Go have a drink. Maybe you'll come up with something better than the overused troll stuff. The internetz is tired of that stuff. It's not even insulting anymore.

dasva
07-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Spoken like a true lazy person and professional troll.
This just in people who work 80 hours a life are lazy people. The truly lazy people would just do this all day reiving hard cause they don't have a job and living off someone else or the government and wouldn't understand how anyone else could have other shit to do.

Really it's quite amusing just how much people care about how OTHER people play the same game as them when they aren't even playing together. This isn't a glitch not against the ToS and no one is getting banned. Salvage was an obvious forced glitch. You are just mad that other people are playing in a way you don't like. Grow up and get over it. If they in a pt with you fine kick them. They not with you at all leave them alone. Because this they aren't doing it my way is quite childish. And mpking is bannable

Though I suppose what is giving me the biggest smile is how much tables are being flipped over 700 balyd/hr when there are ways to leech 42k/hr

kewitt
07-24-2013, 02:31 PM
They did a similar fix for Campaigns back in the day. It's time for repeat for this. Also I don't see it as MPK as death because of agro in this events is really risk of doing it.

Louispv
07-24-2013, 06:05 PM
They did a similar fix for Campaigns back in the day. It's time for repeat for this. Also I don't see it as MPK as death because of agro in this events is really risk of doing it.

Sorry, cupcake, that was fixed because people were using third party software to constantly recast songs while you're afk. These people are just sitting afk, not cheating in any way.

svengalis
07-24-2013, 07:20 PM
I don't think you need to lower the HP of objectives reives are already easy enough areas like Ceizak Battlegrounds. You also should not get credit for just joining a rieve because now people are away from keyboard and getting credit in reives.

Camiie
07-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Please remove the Magic Parroting ability from Colibri type mobs in these Reives or change it to target only the caster. This is nothing but a mechanism for griefing and it is absolutely being used as such.

FrankReynolds
07-25-2013, 01:55 AM
You all could go AFK at reives too. Why should they screw these people? Just because you are too lazy to walk to a reive before you AFK and get bayld like they do?

dasva
07-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Sorry, cupcake, that was fixed because people were using third party software to constantly recast songs while you're afk. These people are just sitting afk, not cheating in any way.

And they already fixed that here... songs give you like nothing. Sorry brds you can see you ass away but to get credit you pretty much need to go out and eat dmg lol

SpankWustler
07-25-2013, 02:04 PM
People who go AFK at Rieves are ideal Rieve participants in a sense, because there's a 0% chance of someone who is AFK shortening any Rieve that people are trying to squeeze evaluations out of for whatever purpose. In fact, I'd guess that in many areas, people are doing more for active rieve participants by going AFK and doing nothing than by actually doing stuff that would shorten the Rieves.

If folks really want to make a wish on this particular monkey's paw, though, go nuts.

detlef
07-25-2013, 11:49 PM
So last night I really did try. We went to Yorcia, and it was just a nightmare. Snapweed and Panopts are simply more difficult to fight than any of the bird mobs in Marjami. I gave it a chance, I really did, but unless they make cape drops at a higher % in Yorcia, I will not be heading back there again.

HimuraKenshyn
07-26-2013, 01:27 AM
People who go AFK at Rieves are ideal Rieve participants in a sense, because there's a 0% chance of someone who is AFK shortening any Rieve that people are trying to squeeze evaluations out of for whatever purpose. In fact, I'd guess that in many areas, people are doing more for active rieve participants by going AFK and doing nothing than by actually doing stuff that would shorten the Rieves.

If folks really want to make a wish on this particular monkey's paw, though, go nuts.

I have zero complaints about afkers and a billion about the zerg mad idiots who fell cleave the revives down in a blink of an eye could we ban them >.>....

While we are at it please add a ending message and if you go to a wilds point and hit its ??? it responds with the current mobs hp% like WOE that is all...

Karah
07-26-2013, 10:33 AM
The adjustments made to the first zones, excellent job.

They're awesome now, it's how they should've been to begin with. Still not enough bayld, but for the ease of completion now, it's "fair".

Now, the lairs still blow, totally worthless. They just aren't worth the time spent. You only get like 400 bayld total for killing the nest and every enemy that pops to guard it, /meh

The new zones... ugh. Aoe Sleeps... come on. Colibri... that's just asking for hilarity to ensue... Nothing is funnier than going to Marjami as a BLM and killing EVERYONE with the mirror casting, it's down right epic. I'm in complete awe that you would even allow that.

Kombys
07-26-2013, 10:54 AM
i'd like to ask this why sometimes you dont get items when colonization end? not enough evaluations? sometimes is just frustrating when you are hitting rocks and they die too fast, all yo get is 700 by participating, they dont adding dmg/support/cures evaluation to that, please remove those 700 baylds by just joining and balance rewards

dasva
07-26-2013, 02:34 PM
i'd like to ask this why sometimes you dont get items when colonization end? not enough evaluations? sometimes is just frustrating when you are hitting rocks and they die too fast, all yo get is 700 by participating, they dont adding dmg/support/cures evaluation to that, please remove those 700 baylds by just joining and balance rewards

Not enough evals to get items. I'd guess the 700 is to help encourage people to still do them even if they die to fast to get much balyd.

Catmato
07-27-2013, 06:28 AM
[NEW]
Reduce the HP of obstacles in Yahse Hunting Grounds/Ceizak Battlegrounds

Please don't do this. They're too short as it is.

crptaculous
07-28-2013, 03:36 AM
I'm not sure if it's a case of System working as intended but something seems wrong about the JSE back peice drop rate lately:

Three weeks ago about, I did a wildskeeper reive in Marjami Ravine and got a Mauler's Mantle (WAR). Then after, I did colonization reives there, which I had gotten a Weard Manlte (PLD) and Updraft Mantle (DRG).

Since then, I have done colonization and lair reives in Marjami Ravine and Yorcia Weald. I have done them solo, low man(6-10) and mega group (36+). Killed the reives in anywhere from 60 seconds to 60 minutes. Did them as DD, healer and support. I have made well over 180k bayld. And have NOT gotten a single cape since 3 weeks ago.

Do the capes even drop anymore?

hiko
07-30-2013, 07:29 AM

I think he talk about the 1st fix on fortification when you could just afk engage the fortification and get decent XP

FrankReynolds
07-30-2013, 07:40 AM
I think he talk about the 1st fix on fortification when you could just afk engage the fortification and get decent XP

Meh, that's not the same either. That person had to be there to engage the fort.

svengalis
07-30-2013, 08:59 AM
After spending 2 hours getting to the Wildskeeper Reive in Yorcia Weald, I am not sure how I feel about Colonation reives anymore. There is a part of me thinking they shouldn't be to easy, then there's another part of me thinking these things are nothing more then a hindrance and the mobs should be made easier on all of them.

I guess when I am trying to get to a Wildskeeper I just want to get there and want everyone else to get there to. Without having to spend 2 hours to get there. Really wish more people would do the colonation reives in Yorcia but even I don't go there because the area is really hard to navigate and the biouvacs are never up.

FrankReynolds
07-30-2013, 09:29 AM
After spending 2 hours getting to the Wildskeeper Reive in Yorcia Weald, I am not sure how I feel about Colonation reives anymore. There is a part of me thinking they shouldn't be to easy, then there's another part of me thinking these things are nothing more then a hindrance and the mobs should be made easier on all of them.

I guess when I am trying to get to a Wildskeeper I just want to get there and want everyone else to get there to. Without having to spend 2 hours to get there. Really wish more people would do the colonation reives in Yorcia but even I don't go there because the area is really hard to navigate and the biouvacs are never up.

900 people online atm. Most probably afk. Colonization level 24%. I'll be lucky if I even get to do that one lol.

Kristal
07-30-2013, 11:58 PM

Definition of "MPK"

MPK is defined as an action taken by a player or players who purposely cause monsters to attack or incapacitate other players. This interferes with other people's game play and is strictly forbidden according to the PlayOnline Guidelines.

An action may be construed as harrassment in nature even if a monster does not directly attack, but still takes an action that impedes another player's gameplay.

The use of monsters with the sole purpose to steal monster(s) or drops from other players who are fighting a certain monster is forbidden. Rights to a monster belong to the player or group fighting that monster. Any acts designed to gain rights forcibly from other player(s) are not permitted. However, if a player or group is defeated, or loses right through their own actions, then this does not apply.

An AFK player has no gameplay, and therefore cannot be MPK'd because they are not considered a player at this point.

Furthermore, they willingly entered a battlefield knowing that the actions of other players can result in their character going KO, either through unavoidable AOE, the other player being defeated near them, the other player being knocked out of bounds, walking out of bounds due to lag, being overwhelmed (fleeing combat) or is leaving the battlefield because a real life situation or an emergency maintenance would not allow completion of the reive within the given timeframe. If the MPK'ed character would have been AFK outside the reive, existing gameplay mechanics would prevent MPK'ing in almost all cases, so it's their own fault.

If you go AFK in a reive, you are at the mercy of the actual players, and in the worst case you lose a negligable amount of experience. Some players don't mind leechers, others do.

dasva
07-31-2013, 12:55 AM
An AFK player has no gameplay, and therefore cannot be MPK'd because they are not considered a player at this point.

Furthermore, they willingly entered a battlefield knowing that the actions of other players can result in their character going KO, either through unavoidable AOE, the other player being defeated near them, the other player being knocked out of bounds, walking out of bounds due to lag, being overwhelmed (fleeing combat) or is leaving the battlefield because a real life situation or an emergency maintenance would not allow completion of the reive within the given timeframe. If the MPK'ed character would have been AFK outside the reive, existing gameplay mechanics would prevent MPK'ing in almost all cases, so it's their own fault.

If you go AFK in a reive, you are at the mercy of the actual players, and in the worst case you lose a negligable amount of experience. Some players don't mind leechers, others do.

Nice rationalization there. Try telling that to the few people who got in trouble mpking rolanmarkets back in the day. Or the ones mpking people at campaign. Or camping nms etc. Granted getting caught isn't easy since hard to prove it was on purpose most the time.

You are only semi right here. Yes you go somewhere under the risk something will happen. This is why people generally try to afk out of the way. And if things just happen they happen. But people aren't just being killed by unavoidable AOE, or people just happening to die or leave the battlefield near you. It's about people going out of there way and actually sometimes running into a corner (clearly not trying to escape death) or just running to people and dieing on them for the purpose of killing said afk players. And purposefully killing someone is against the rules and overall childish behaviour. And actually you can still mpk people outside the reives pretty easy to pull non reive mobs too.

While that is technically true if you mpk afk people you are at the mercy of those afk people when they get back. Lucky for the assholes thinking it's funny to mpk people on purpose most wont make reports. But I will. Stay classy and have fun with those bans fellas

FrankReynolds
07-31-2013, 02:42 AM

By you. Not by the management staff.

Kristal
08-01-2013, 05:01 PM
You are only semi right here. Yes you go somewhere under the risk something will happen. This is why people generally try to afk out of the way. And if things just happen they happen. But people aren't just being killed by unavoidable AOE, or people just happening to die or leave the battlefield near you. It's about people going out of there way and actually sometimes running into a corner (clearly not trying to escape death) or just running to people and dieing on them for the purpose of killing said afk players. And purposefully killing someone is against the rules and overall childish behaviour. And actually you can still mpk people outside the reives pretty easy to pull non reive mobs too.
The only way you can be MPKed outside reives is if you are in the area the mobs roam, which means you were eventually going to die to it anyway. Pick a better spot next time, as other players are not required to die to avoid bruising your AFK tushy.

While that is technically true if you mpk afk people you are at the mercy of those afk people when they get back. Lucky for the assholes thinking it's funny to mpk people on purpose most wont make reports. But I will. Stay classy and have fun with those bans fellas

Problem being that AFK people can't report on anything because they aren't witnesses. And there has to be proof of intent, which can only be witnessed first-hand by a GM, who can only do so much as check the chat logs to see you were in a reive and apparently got too close to the action and got agrod by a reive mob.

I don't go around reives to see if there are AFKers I can buzz, but I'm not going out of my way to protect them either. If aoe knocks you out of bounds, so much the better, but if it knocks you into the other mobs, I'm not helping you. Don't AFK in reives.

hiko
08-02-2013, 02:23 AM

You can't prove someone intentionally mpked you once.
<GM> why did you die near <afkplayer>
<PK> I had too much link, and went there because i hoped they help me, or can RRsafe

FrankReynolds
08-02-2013, 03:41 AM
You can't prove someone intentionally mpked you once.
<GM> why did you die near <afkplayer>
<PK> I had too much link, and went there because i hoped they help me, or can RRsafe

Seems like people spend a lot of time trying to think of ways to get away with being dicks to other people who aren't doing anything to them in this game....

I wonder why people would rather AFK than play with them?...

dasva
08-02-2013, 03:59 AM
True you can't just check log and see one guy doing that once. But that's true of basically most rule violations including botting and such. GM actually has to catch them in them doing it or get lots of reports/check chat logs. Believe me if you are seen talking about mpking people and then you do it and there seems to be a pattern of you just happening to die next to players flimsy excuses wont mean a thing. I've known people who thought it would be funny to mpk rolanmarters who got in trouble back in the day. Or people claiming to trying to help this ls beat nidhogg by cure bombing the tank. Hell got one guy banned who though it was funny to run around the dunes back when people actually ptd there as a 75 but anon naked with red hp asking for help/cures to kill people. Will you get away with it a few times? Damn right you will. Do it enough get a few reports on you and you get seen doing it and you will get in trouble

FrankReynolds
08-02-2013, 04:26 AM
Believe me if you are seen talking about mpking people and then you do it and there seems to be a pattern of you just happening to die next to players flimsy excuses wont mean a thing.

Yep. Like for instance if say, you went and posted about how you could get away with MPKing people on the official forums and then did exactly what you said you were gonna do in the game... I'm pretty sure that counts as evidence and it doesn't even require scanning chat logs.

detlef
08-02-2013, 04:40 AM
You guys are so defensive of players afking in colonization reives. Once you afk in a battle zone you put yourself at risk to anything that happens, and you really have no right to complain about mpk, intentional or not. Everybody fighting mobs wants to be in a safe zone, away from respawns. If you afked at KB and got killed by somebody else's meteor, would you call a GM (note that I can't remember if meteor hits people without hate but I recall that it does)?

Aside from that, I've talked to a GM about a GEO intentionally using concentric pulse to wake slept mobs (there weren't many people at that reive, so we could barely make any headway on the rocks with repops without sleeping mobs). The GEO even laughed at me in /say, and it was the third time he had done it. But nothing happened, and I'm sure he wasn't penalized. I highly doubt that GMs are going to go out of their way to protect the rights of afk players.

FrankReynolds
08-02-2013, 05:07 AM
You guys are so defensive of players afking in colonization reives. Once you afk in a battle zone you put yourself at risk to anything that happens, and you really have no right to complain about mpk, intentional or not. Everybody fighting mobs wants to be in a safe zone, away from respawns. If you afked at KB and got killed by somebody else's meteor, would you call a GM (note that I can't remember if meteor hits people without hate but I recall that it does)?

Aside from that, I've talked to a GM about a GEO intentionally using concentric pulse to wake slept mobs (there weren't many people at that reive, so we could barely make any headway on the rocks with repops without sleeping mobs). The GEO even laughed at me in /say, and it was the third time he had done it. But nothing happened, and I'm sure he wasn't penalized. I highly doubt that GMs are going to go out of their way to protect the rights of afk players.

Except that these people are afk in places where mobs wouldn't normally kill them. People are going out of their way to kill them just because they hate to see the next gut get something for free. You can justify it any way you want, but the fact of the matter is that you are griefing another player. The only reason you are doing it is to screw the next guy. It has no tangible benefit to the game at large other than to satisfy your desire to watch the world burn.

And feel free to MPK me. Just know that when I see you guys in Wildskeeper reives and I'm dressed in twilight armor that it's because I'm about to drag a hundred mobs over to the summoner / mage parties over and over for the next 6 hours and That I'm taking the same moral stance that you did when you killed me. "They shouldn't have been standing there. They had it coming".

Is that what you want? Does that sound like the right way to play the game? When most servers have lost half their population in the last couple months should we really be going out of our ways to find new ways to screw each other?

There hasn't been a Yorcia wield wildskeep reive on my server in like a week. Can you really fault people for doing everything in their power to get a shot at these things before they go the way of campaign? Has it ever occurred to you that if that guy were fighting, that you would be getting less bayld? The more people afk for their incredibly slow bayld, the less you have to deal with them Fell cleaving all the rocks etc. It's actually better for everyone, since these things clearly don't support the number of people who do them in general.

detlef
08-02-2013, 05:16 AM
I'm not advocating MPK or griefing. I'm just saying that if you wake up and you're in Adoulin, you really can't complain.

Karah
08-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Seems like people spend a lot of time trying to think of ways to get away with being dicks to other people who aren't doing anything to them in this game....

If I could, I would do nothing but MPK anyone and everyone, afk or not. It's not like there is any "legal" content worth doing.

If you couldn't get banned for doing things that entertain you... the game would be a completely different game.

hiko
08-02-2013, 07:28 AM

I spent something like 5min to get away with that but never bothered MPK anybody in reive because its a waste of time/xp/bayld (get less bayld if i'm dead/weak than if i fight)
I don't care about people AFKing in CR area is big enough, but in some LR there is not a lot of safe place and i might fight close to afk because i don't have choice if i dont want to link/agro or get knoked away from reive

FrankReynolds
08-02-2013, 07:42 AM
I spent something like 5min to get away with that but never bothered MPK anybody in reive because its a waste of time/xp/bayld (get less bayld if i'm dead/weak than if i fight)
I don't care about people AFKing in CR area is big enough, but in some LR there is not a lot of safe place and i might fight close to afk because i don't have choice if i dont want to link/agro or get knoked away from reive

I'm not talking about people legitimately fighting mobs. I'm talking about people saying "Let's MPK these guys!!" and "Let's call a GM on these guys for cheating!!".

These people afk in the same spot all day unharmed. For the most part, It's pretty obvious when they die what happened.

dasva
08-02-2013, 09:03 AM
You guys are so defensive of players afking in colonization reives. Once you afk in a battle zone you put yourself at risk to anything that happens, and you really have no right to complain about mpk, intentional or not.

Actually I have every right to complain about someone breaking the rules in ways that hurt other peoples game play. Hell the main option under GM calls is to complain about rules violations. And will people stop bringing up examples of unintentional mpk. That's not the argument being had and has nothing to do with it.

Karah
08-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Actually, MPK was one of the BIGGEST complaints, prior to the recent changes.

It was almost impossible NOT to mpk someone in reive. Now that the first couple zones are changed, mpk isn't an issue, but it still is in the newer zones.

Using the colibri to mimic aga3 to mpk people = hilarious. That is the almost literal use of "mpk". The only better use is waking a slept enemy with an action weak enough to claim it purple, yet not gain enough enmity to have it chase you and kill the sleeper instead.

detlef
08-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Actually I have every right to complain about someone breaking the rules in ways that hurt other peoples game play. Hell the main option under GM calls is to complain about rules violations. And will people stop bringing up examples of unintentional mpk. That's not the argument being had and has nothing to do with it.Oh absolutely. If you feel it's an issue then you should certainly bring it to SE's attention. Call a GM if you go to bed in Marjami and wake up in Adoulin. Griefing other players is not something that should be encouraged.

I'm not talking about people legitimately fighting mobs. I'm talking about people saying "Let's MPK these guys!!" and "Let's call a GM on these guys for cheating!!".

These people afk in the same spot all day unharmed. For the most part, It's pretty obvious when they die what happened.Well, GMing afk people is obviously stupid. MPK also does not benefit anybody. If you mpk somebody you're either locked out of reives for 5 minutes or weakened for the same amount of time. So there's not much reason to do it intentionally other than to be malicious.

Again, I don't think it's right to grief others. I just think that when you afk in an area that is not 100% safe, you have to take the bad with the good.

dasva
08-02-2013, 10:53 AM
I accept the unintentional bad. That is part of the risk you take anytime you step out of town. The intentional shouldn't exist

Twille
08-03-2013, 08:23 AM
I'm willing to bet SE will make some kind of change with this soon. There is no way SE will let it's player's just stand there afk and benefit.

FrankReynolds
08-03-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm willing to bet SE will make some kind of change with this soon. There is no way SE will let it's player's just stand there afk and benefit.

I know right? I mean I had to zone a few times to get enough points for these behemoth pops.

Bamph
08-03-2013, 11:23 PM
I know right? I mean I had to zone a few times to get enough points for these behemoth pops.

I agree... It's not like they'd give something to people for doing nothing except for logging in and keeping their character in one place...

dasva
08-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Yeah and I totally can't just sit in a spot selling stuff while afk either.

What I find funny is all the mpking is just making people figure how to set up some kind of auto reraise with twilight lol. 1 cheating to counter another not that I'm promoting such things.... but ironically that actually makes it so the afk people can get more xp/balyd and since they get an actual eval from taking dmg a chance for capes

detlef
08-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Yeah and I totally can't just sit in a spot selling stuff while afk either.

What I find funny is all the mpking is just making people figure how to set up some kind of auto reraise with twilight lol. 1 cheating to counter another not that I'm promoting such things.... but ironically that actually makes it so the afk people can get more xp/balyd and since they get an actual eval from taking dmg a chance for capesThat's actually GMable though. I've heard on a forum (therefore it must be true of course...) that people in WKR have been GMed/jailed for setting up an auto-reraise script.

FrankReynolds
08-04-2013, 10:34 AM
That's actually GMable though. I've heard on a forum (therefore it must be true of course...) that people in WKR have been GMed/jailed for setting up an auto-reraise script.

That would be pretty hard to prove unless the GM just sat there killing them over and over while attempting to talk to them just to see if they would RR while ignoring him. That's not exactly the sort of thing you do to customers.

dasva
08-04-2013, 10:42 AM
That's actually GMable though. I've heard on a forum (therefore it must be true of course...) that people in WKR have been GMed/jailed for setting up an auto-reraise script.

True but if you aren't an idiot it's even harder to prove than the mpking. Plus you'd basically have to mpk them over and over for it to be obvious that's what's going on and how exactly does that GM call go? So I was repeatidly killing this guy and all he does is get up with rr...

detlef
08-04-2013, 10:55 AM
True but if you aren't an idiot it's even harder to prove than the mpking. Plus you'd basically have to mpk them over and over for it to be obvious that's what's going on and how exactly does that GM call go? So I was repeatidly killing this guy and all he does is get up with rr...Ha. Okay that's a fair point.

Can we at least agree that while afking in reives is harmless, auto-reraising yourself while afk is gaming the system?

dasva
08-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Ha. Okay that's a fair point.

Can we at least agree that while afking in reives is harmless, auto-reraising yourself while afk is gaming the system?

Of course it is. I mean you have to use 3rd party tools to do it. And even if it is only being used as a counter measure against other people breaking the rules it is still breaking the rules and I'd report it just the same.

I just find it ironic that all these people on there high and mighty horses about regular afking in reives and taking things into their own hands and breaking the rules can and from what I heard is being beaten by those people resorting to actual rule violations and in the end the mpkers are actually helping the cheaters and only hurting the regular people who were afking to make of for lack of play time and such

hiko
08-05-2013, 01:29 AM
just did a yumcax run. <2h, but would have been even faster if stupid DDs were AFK instead of pulling mobs on CORs and PKing em

Quedari
08-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Please put the Yahse and Ceizak colonization and lair reives back the way they were before this update. The colonization reives were perfect. Now they have so little hp that more than one person fighting anything is too many. The lair reives are so weak I duoed one SMN and THF and only the THF got any credit. Please give the colonization reives in Marjami more hp. A small group takes them down so fast it's hard to get evaluations, especially if you're a mage having to nuke for credit because no one is taking damage. I actually liked fighting reives in these zones, mostly farming bayld, but now it seems if I want bayld I'm going to have to go back to doing skirmish bayld runs (enter > hit noetic for bayld > exit, because the weps aren't really worth it and the box is too random) instead because I can barely get 500-1k bayld per reive unless I'm the only one fighting it (which isn't likely). Very disappointed in these reive changes.

Kristal
08-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Did SE fix the AFK abuse in reives? Apparently you get no more rewards for being a visual obstruction, but I never AFK in reives and the update notes are a bit vague on the issue. Not seeing any AFKers anymore though.

Kaeviathan
08-08-2013, 08:57 AM
I've spent atleast 8 hours doing colonization reives in Marjami Ravine this week. Usually in that amount of time i obtain a mantle or cape, but that wasn't the case for this week. Has the back piece reward been alterated?

Quedari
08-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Yes, they killed the AFK bayld farming in reives. On the bad side, they hit it so hard that sometimes even if you do participate, you still don't get anything.

The drop rate on capes was horrible before the update anyway. I've only seen two capes drop, one in marjami colo reive and one from the tree wildskeeper. Now colo reives (especially in marjami) don't have enough hp for everyone to get evaluations in order to get drops if there's a group of 6 or more there.

Kaeviathan
08-08-2013, 10:17 AM
So far i gotten three before the update. Two for jobs I don't use (BLM and DRG) and one for a Job i retired since the addition of level 100+ equipments (NIN). I miss my NIN with + 39% Double attack on gear only ; ;.

dasva
08-08-2013, 11:39 AM
It's probably just a bug. If you check the bug forums it says they already investigating

Kristal
08-09-2013, 08:01 PM
So far i gotten three before the update. Two for jobs I don't use (BLM and DRG) and one for a Job i retired since the addition of level 100+ equipments (NIN). I miss my NIN with + 39% Double attack on gear only ; ;.

I got something like 12 capes, with a record of 4 within 2 hours, although it can go days without a single one. No PUP cape, although I did get a lolRDMmelee cape just prior to update.

Apparently someone spread the rumor that lair reives don't drop capes, because I keep running into people that are surprised to hear I got most of mine from lairs.

Kaeviathan
08-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I got something like 12 capes, with a record of 4 within 2 hours, although it can go days without a single one. No PUP cape, although I did get a lolRDMmelee cape just prior to update.

Apparently someone spread the rumor that lair reives don't drop capes, because I keep running into people that are surprised to hear I got most of mine from lairs.

4 capes within 2 hours. Wow, that is hard to believe lol.
Got one cape today, but for another job that i'm not using (PUP).
So that is 4 capes so far for jobs I don't use.
Also, i've done a couple of Lair Reives, and heard from others that they got drops (NIN piece to be specific).

My FEEDBACK: I'd prefer to obtain a reward of my choosing instead of it being random so I can get this phase over with and move on to get my Delve mega bosses wins.

Tohihroyu
08-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Can you please make Lair & Colonization rieves separate? (Like "You are unable to enter the Next Lair Rieve for 5 minutes") its pretty annoying to have to go thru an empty Lair rieve (since most of the time no one does them) and then sit out of a colonization one that goes down in less then 5 mins cause of zerg zombies just attacking the roots and nothing else, and with that sometimes you can get no exp at all if all everyone does is chop up the roots >_>

Marjami IS a great alt to Zerg zombie battlegrounds...if there's enough to participate and not lazy bums who just stand there and expect pet jobs to do everything.

Kaeviathan
08-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Lol dammit! I've obtain my 6th cape last night, all for jobs I don't use. When will this streak ever end? ; ;

Kristal
08-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Lol dammit! I've obtain my 6th cape last night, all for jobs I don't use. When will this streak ever end? ; ;

An option to trade 3 capes for one you want, perhaps? Like they did with empyrean feet drops.

Fynlar
08-21-2013, 09:24 PM
- Fix reive evaluations (jeez, how hard can it be to finally get these right?) so that whatever work is done between your last evaluation -> destruction of the reive target is not lost.

As it stands, if you start getting evaluations, they happen every 60 seconds. If you get an evaluation, keep participating in the reive for the next 59 seconds, and then the reive ends, everything you did in those 59 seconds does not get credited to you in any way.

Or even worse, if you haven't even gotten any evaluations yet (which can easily happen in reives with enough people participating such that the reive target gets zerged down in short order), it's possible for a reive to end with you getting absolutely nothing, because it ended too quickly for you to even receive one evaluation.

- On that note, do not do any more reductions in max HP for reive targets. If anything, they needed to get more HP so that evaluations have more of a chance to happen.

An option to trade 3 capes for one you want, perhaps? Like they did with empyrean feet drops.

A useless feature for those who want to collect all the capes, as it would just increase the amount of work they'd have to do. The only way to make it not useless for these people would be to remove the RARE tag on the capes, or give us a storage slip that holds these capes so we can obtain duplicates (yeah, in fact, why haven't we gotten a storage slip 15 for Adoulin gear yet, SE?)

With AF3 feet it was different, because after upgrading a feet (or placing it on storage slip), you could then collect the NQ piece again.

Demon6324236
08-21-2013, 09:37 PM
A useless feature for those who want to collect all the capesUseless for people who want all of them, unless you can mule them or a storage option was added at the same time, but what about everyone else? What about someone like me who gets an item or two but has no use for it? Those people get an awesome helpful update. Can you really tell me because its a useless feature for those people, it shouldn't be done, or is itself useless?

Fynlar
08-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Useless for people who want all of them, unless you can mule them or a storage option was added at the same time, but what about everyone else? What about someone like me who gets an item or two but has no use for it? Those people get an awesome helpful update. Can you really tell me because its a useless feature for those people, it shouldn't be done, or is itself useless?

I'd rather they just get it right the first time rather than come up with a half-baked plan and calling it a day for several months/years because they think everything is all fine after that. All I was really trying to do was throw out the warning that unless something is done about the capes being rare with no current storage slip option, the "fix" wouldn't really be comparable to what they did with AF3 feet.

Example: the set storer NPCs. The ones that give you claim slips for a full set of NQ armor, and NQ only. Needed the full set to store it, and could only take it out as a full set, and was even charged a small handful of gil every time you did. Could not use any HQ pieces at all, not even a full HQ set. Was it useful for some? Sure, probably. Was it extremely cumbersome for most others? I'd bet so. Was the system also forgotten entirely once the far superior storage slip system came out? I sure hope so.

Camate
08-23-2013, 04:39 AM
Greetings,

Below is a message from Producer Akihiko Matsui about future plans for colonization and lair reive adjustments.

Thank you for all the feedback.

Based on the opinions everyone has been posting, we've been looking into future adjustments, and I would like to share our plans with you.

Please note that this is all still in-development and there is a possibility that changes are made. Also, not everything will be added during a single version update and we appreciate your understanding.

Addition of ally NPCs and revamps to momentum bonuses
Similar to campaign, we will be adding NPC participants to colonization and lair reives. Amongst them, there will be NPCs that act as tanks, those that deal damage, and others that support you with various buffs. Also, we'll be making it so each NPC's parameters increase depending on the rank of the Peacekeepers' Coalition.

Additionally, we will be revamping momentum bonuses.

These features are scheduled for implementation in the fall version update.

Addition of ways to avoid colonization reive obstacles
We've been seeing feedback that as a result of the adjustments made which reduced the HP of obstacles and lairs in the July/August version updates it has become difficult to gain Bayld.

As it's very difficult to address feedback asking to make it possible to avoid colonization reives and other feedback asking to make it so Bayld can be obtained better in colonization reives, we'll first be making it possible to get past colonization reives by fulfilling some kind of requirement without having to destroy the obstacles.

Once we have a method in place for avoiding colonization reives, we'll be modifying the strength of enemies and returning the HP of both enemies and obstacles to the state prior to the July/August version updates, which will make it easier to obtain Bayld.

Kaeviathan
08-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Im on my 8th cape for jobs I don't use.

FaeQueenCory
08-24-2013, 02:09 AM
Im on my 8th cape for jobs I don't use.
It would be really nice wherein it works like NI: where the job you take in determines what is the first type of cape to drop.
(so you bring whm, the first cape you get is whm, after that it's all random.)
I think this would promote more variance in what you see in rieves.
At least for ppl to get the capes they want/need. lol

Camate
08-24-2013, 03:22 AM
Greetings,

A have a couple of points to follow-up on based on plans that were shared yesterday.

First is the issue where certain areas are being focused on more than others. The development team is aware that there are areas that players are giving a lot of attention to, while other areas are not seeing as much action.

While the development team is still discussing this, they would like to add new objectives to each area. For example, adding new job accessories and elements that are tied to speeding up coalition growth as well as making it easier to complete coalition assignments.

Second is the concern that returning the HP of obstacles and enemies to the state prior to the July and August version update will make it difficult to solo or low-man colonization reives. This is exactly why we will be adding ally NPCs and the battle balance will be set such that it's possible to do reives solo or with a few people.

We've also seen feedback asking to make it so appealing NPCs join the fights, while on the other hand there are others who are mentioning that adding NPCs will reduce the amount of Bayld you can acquire. We'll continue to forward your comments on this, so please let us know your thoughts!

radicaldreamer
08-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Ok I have wanted this so here goes:

Geomancer's Indi and Geo spells would be so much more useful if they affected everyone in a Reive, and not your own party only!
I can understand party-only for outside of reives, but some other jobs get out-of-party functionality where it is not normally the case, in reives and campaign, but not Geomancer. I have often been in reives for long periods with my "looking for party" flag up, and gotten no invites, so just did them solo.
Well that means any buffs that I have are only going to me, (Only geo-refresh and geo-regen because what am I going to do with strength/agi/etc on Geomancer?), and almost all debuffs for the roots or rocks that I have to fight because I'm solo, are not very useful. (Try geo-frailty on a knotted root and see if you can tell you're doing more damage to it ^_^)

Please please please~

FrankReynolds
08-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Ok I have wanted this so here goes:

Geomancer's Indi and Geo spells would be so much more useful if they affected everyone in a Reive, and not your own party only!
I can understand party-only for outside of reives, but some other jobs get out-of-party functionality where it is not normally the case, in reives and campaign, but not Geomancer. I have often been in reives for long periods with my "looking for party" flag up, and gotten no invites, so just did them solo.
Well that means any buffs that I have are only going to me, (Only geo-refresh and geo-regen because what am I going to do with strength/agi/etc on Geomancer?), and almost all debuffs for the roots or rocks that I have to fight because I'm solo, are not very useful. (Try geo-frailty on a knotted root and see if you can tell you're doing more damage to it ^_^)

Please please please~

WTH... They should just do that blanketly. White mage curaga spam fftw. Also, I want to hast samba everyone... In general. Dancer needs ally wide buffs.

Rekin
08-24-2013, 03:32 PM
WTH... They should just do that blanketly. White mage curaga spam fftw. Also, I want to hast samba everyone... In general. Dancer needs ally wide buffs.

Because it would make people go on other jobs than DD and thats a horrible thing apparently to devs.

Camiie
08-25-2013, 02:22 PM

What? You want a performer to essentially become more powerful when provided with a larger audience? Madness, sir! Madness!

Rwolf
08-26-2013, 05:30 AM
I'd like to see it easier to do the Colonization Reives at the bottom of Marjami Ravine. There's a lot of players who don't know that underground tunnel at (J-10) to the bottom level even exists. For the ones who do, they are discouraged to do them because it's a long walk back out. There's no bivouac or tunnel back up on the west side meaning you have to turn around and walk all the way back. It would encourage players to complete all 7 Colonization Reives if it was easier to get a cycle down down.

Add a 5th bivouac down there and add another tunnel exiting to the west.

Quedari
08-26-2013, 03:23 PM
I'd like to see it easier to do the Colonization Reives at the bottom of Marjami Ravine. There's a lot of players who don't know that underground tunnel at (J-10) to the bottom level even exists. For the ones who do, they are discouraged to do them because it's a long walk back out. There's no bivouac or tunnel back up on the west side meaning you have to turn around and walk all the way back. It would encourage players to complete all 7 Colonization Reives if it was easier to get a cycle down down.

Add a 5th bivouac down there and add another tunnel exiting to the west.
I'm sure the BSTs, PUPs, and others who solo or lowman those reives would prefer to keep them a "secret" from the rest of the mob running through Marjami killing reives so fast that no one gets any evaluations. The incentive to do those two reives is that there's usually only 1-6 people there instead of 20+, and they can be killed slower so everyone can get evals.

Also, if NPC helpers are added to colonization reives, please please PLEASE don't allow them to be able to damage the obstructions. Even before the HP nerfs, some colonization reives died much faster than they should have. If the NPCs will be able to damage the obstructions, at least make it where the NPCs don't appear/start fighting until someone enters the reive. Otherwise we're going to have times where we walk up to a reive expecting to farm bayld only to find the NPCs have already beat the obstruction down to nearly dead (or killed it completely).

Kafrein
08-27-2013, 02:08 AM
Now that I've discovered a new strategy, I'm really enjoying soloing reives for fun. It's a nice way to solo bayld.

It's just annoying when you've got parties burning them, seems like a wasted opportunity for exp and bayld. I guess they're just after the drops?

Helldemon
08-27-2013, 04:13 AM
Also, if NPC helpers are added to colonization reives, please please PLEASE don't allow them to be able to damage the obstructions. Even before the HP nerfs, some colonization reives died much faster than they should have. If the NPCs will be able to damage the obstructions, at least make it where the NPCs don't appear/start fighting until someone enters the reive. Otherwise we're going to have times where we walk up to a reive expecting to farm bayld only to find the NPCs have already beat the obstruction down to nearly dead (or killed it completely).

This please.

SpankWustler
08-27-2013, 06:49 AM

This.

NPCs that specifically fight the monsters could be helpful in some areas. NPCs that fight obstructions would either clear empty rieves on their own or just die to the monsters in empty rieves while whacking endlessly yet fruitlessly at the obstruction, depending on the NPCs' strength. I don't see either as a positive outcome.

Rwolf
08-29-2013, 12:36 AM
I'm sure the BSTs, PUPs, and others who solo or lowman those reives would prefer to keep them a "secret" from the rest of the mob running through Marjami killing reives so fast that no one gets any evaluations. The incentive to do those two reives is that there's usually only 1-6 people there instead of 20+, and they can be killed slower so everyone can get evals.

That's an issue with game balance with so many destroying the reives at once. Problem would be solved if more areas were attractive to do reives in. I can sympathize frustration with jobs who don't get evaulations often but pet jobs should not be having that issue. I certainly don't. Also there is Yorcia even if they decided not to make reives more attractive if you're hellbent on continuing to solo reives.

Camate
09-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Greetings,

The development team understands how frustrating it can be when you die during reives or other places, and then receive a raise only to be killed by a monster again immediately.

Below is a comment from Akihiko Matsui about this issue and plans to address it.

Matsui here.

While this is something that is not limited to only reives, we are currently looking into some kind of method to address the situation where you are attacked during the raise animation only to be killed again.

We’ve received request to make it so the gestation effect from Monstrosity is applied to adventurers upon being raised, but this effect was created specifically for Monstrosity and if it were possible to use as an adventurer there would be problems system-wise.

We are continuing to look into this, but as it will affect various content and systems it’s something that we would like to proceed with carefully. While it may take a bit of time, I’ll be sure to update you on any progress made.

Godofgods
09-05-2013, 10:32 PM
they do have a point. When i entered the Tree WKR it took me a good half hour to actually get in. Since there is no room on that map to fight, they bring tree to the warp in point. And with the NM's mass aoe spamming, i was dead the moment i entered. 100 raises later i managed to get away from it...

And on a side note.. how about a little more room on that map for the fight.

Kriegsgott
09-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Greetings,

The development team understands how frustrating it can be when you die during reives or other places, and then receive a raise only to be killed by a monster again immediately.

Below is a comment from Akihiko Matsui about this issue and plans to address it.

Campaign Battle's have the same problem dieing and not geting RR or Raise you know ?
yes i know there ar RR scrolls for AN but this is not very helpful if Mobs going to suprise you

HimuraKenshyn
09-05-2013, 10:57 PM
It would be nice if they could introduce a raise that could have a type of tractor component to it. The problem will be if the mechanic doesn't allow the ability to zombie mobs will effect how we tackle certain content when things go bad.

Baylon
09-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Can you either make a way to bypass the reive or make it so the dont block an entire path so you can travel on the map. I is complete bull that anyone would program a game like that and really just ruins the fun.

Rustic
09-10-2013, 03:32 AM
Can you either make a way to bypass the reive or make it so the dont block an entire path so you can travel on the map. I is complete bull that anyone would program a game like that and really just ruins the fun.

Generally, you can go around a Reive as long as you've got KI's. Or at least that's what I've had happen. Where are you getting fully blocked off?

Themailman
11-16-2013, 03:07 PM
I know I'm not the only one who it happens too, but this has been frustrating since the Besieged days. Tonight I just did a 2hr battle in Kuhmau reive. Froze twice and had the re-log in after shutting off system completely. End of battle, I got a flint stone =( Couple questions" 1. Do I lose all credit I've done in battle thus far when I freeze, or am I getting full credit for battle just to end for a flint stone? 2. Is the freezing up an Xbox problem or a FFXI server problem and what can I do (besides switching to PC) to stop this if it is Xbox problem? Thanks for any feedback I can get