View Full Version : Port Bastok Freeze
03-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Game freezes as soon as I speak with NPC's in Steaming Ship Restaurant in Port Bastok [except Sawyer (merchant)]. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
03-12-2011, 01:34 PM
The Mods are going to come here and ask you to fill out the following info, so may as well just get a heard start.
Format on Technical Support Request:
When you create a new thread, please use the following template and try to include as much detail as possible.
Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.
Full description on the issue the you are experiencing.
*Try to give as much detail as possible, including what you were doing prior to the issue that occurred.
Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
Date & Time:
Date and time on when the issue occurred. Please make sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)
State how frequent the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
2. Just once
3. Under certain conditions
*In the case of option3, please also include the specific details on the condition.
Specify which platform was in use to play the game.(PC, “PlayStation2”, and/or Xbox 360)
PC Manufacturer & Model Number:
Name of the manufacturer and the model number of the PC you use to play the game.
*If the PC you use is homebuilt, please state “Homebuilt Computer”.
Specify which OS was in use. (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7)
Specify the model of graphics card in use.
Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.
Type of Internet Connection:
Specify the type of internet connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)
*In case you cannot post all of the information in a single post due to character limitations, please make multiple posts.
03-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up, keep it in mind for next time.
Title: Port Bastok Freeze
Details: When attempting to speak with NPC's in Steaming Sheep Restaurant in Port Bastok my character freezes and I can not move. I am limited to movement of the camera around my character and typing in text.
Steps: I was attempting to complete two different Quests (Lure of the Wildcat and Welcome to Bastok) and as soon as I speak to the NPC's for each quest my character freezes. Attempted multiple times with same result, additionally tried speaking with the other NPC's at location with same result (except for NPC Sawyer).
Date and Time: March 11,2011, 5-8:30 PST
Platform: Playstation 2
Internet Connection: Optic Fiber
03-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Thank you for updating the thread with the information that we need in order to assist you to the best of our abilities.
After reviewing your post, we do have a few suggestions for you to try to troubleshoot this issue.
Suggestions we have:
1. Check to make sure you have properly configured or turned off any of the following: Routers, Proxy Servers, NAT Servers, Internet Connection Sharing services.
2. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC. TCP 1024 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535, also check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software /hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.
3. If you are using a router, and have configured that router for port forwarding, temporarily bypass that router and connect directly to the modem.
Please take note of the following FAQs:
* Proxy servers, and satellite connections are not supported and do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.
* Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.
* If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.