PDA

View Full Version : Animated Weapons should not despawn after about 15 min.

Zumi
09-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Ok so I was doing my relic trial killing the animated longsword on my paladin, seeing as how relics are pretty rare its not like I am going to find someone to team up with very easily at all.

Anyway I wasn't in danger of dying I got the mob to like 50% then it despawned after about 15 min I think.

This isn't really fair if I had unlimited time I could kill it easy. So your telling me slow duo boxers in abyssea that fight a NM for like an hour is ok but sitting there on a fragment mob that hardly anyone would even think about killing isn't ok that it needs to despawn after just 15 min.

FFXI is old and everyone I use to play with quit for the most part which is why I had to solo it since I don't know anyone that would want to help do this. This really isn't fair if I can't upgrade my weapon solo, but people in abyssea doing other NMs can sit there for hours on end fighting 1 mob.

Modoru
09-21-2011, 02:55 PM
The point of relics *was* this, the amount of effort and "skill" [I guess?] to defeat the animated version of the relic you were aiming for. They expect a challenge, and if you can't provide one in 15 minutes, you lose.

It's always existed, and it's been done many times, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to.

You're doing it solo? Then just /shout for a group to help you out. If not? Try, try again.

Shadowsong
09-21-2011, 03:33 PM
You cannot find a SINGLE friend or even someone just farming in the zone to come help you with a 5 minute fight? This was/is an integral part of the relic system, one of the many many many challenges you need to overcome. The challenge is "you must kill this mob in under 15 minutes" *not* "you must be able to kill this mob eventually".
If you cannot kill the animated weapon in under 15 minutes, you are blocked from getting a relic until you can improve and overcome it. This is the general concept of any "game" im not sure of the problem.
Was Fafnir and Nidhogg Rage Mode after an hour unfair for the people who could "eventually" kill it in 4 hours?

Helel
09-21-2011, 04:13 PM
The reason there is a 15m time limit is because it should take you nowhere near as long as 15m to kill it.

Vortex
09-21-2011, 04:15 PM
If it takes you that long to kill it then you deserve to have it despawn on you.

Urteil
09-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Finished this trial today, all in one shot. 4 People.

Runespider
09-21-2011, 07:11 PM
If it takes you that long to kill it then you deserve to have it despawn on you.

I think the reason people feel how they do is just because they made FFXI player friendly for a few years and now they are trying to make it hostile to players as it used to be in the past. I realise they have to make the game somewhat more difficult for longevity with lack of content but they are still going to make a lot of people angry during the "phase it back to old FFXI".

Time limit is there to make sure you need to gain help from others for it, good or bad that's what FFXI was built on and you better get used to it because the game is deffinately going back to old ways now.

Bulrogg
09-21-2011, 08:08 PM
I may be wrong in thinking but all 'Animated weapons' will warp out the lower their HP gets if you don't finish them off fast enough.

I was always on the mage(healing) side of fights in those fights so I didn't see the actual damage but the NPC chat would read something like "Oh I'm getting tired..." /ma warp <me> and the weapon would be gone. It didn't matter if we had a full ally or only a handful, once the HP got below a certain point if you didn't finish them off, they'd warp out.

My apologies if I am confusing despawn for warp out.

Aver
09-21-2011, 08:41 PM
They don't warp out randomly after getting bored of you anymore, but they do despawn after a set amount of time to compensate for this.

Kitkat
09-21-2011, 09:02 PM
The only problem I've had with these weapons so far, is just the drop rate of the pop item. Tried to do shield and dagger last night, we only got 6 dagger pops in twice the amount of time it took us to get shield items and kill all 10 shields. Heck, I think we even got more h2h pops just killing them if they happened to aggro. Heard from someone else they had the opposite of us with drops...so it is luck of the draw.

As for the time limit to kill relic, it is perfectly reasonable considering that only one can be up at a time. Granted you say there aren't many that need this, but surely you have some friends that wouldn't mind helping. Animated Longsword isn't that hard at all, but you aren't going to be soloing it as pld, sorry. Bring a couple friends and it shouldn't be an issue to kill it.

Lordscyon
09-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Welcome too Vandiel!

Rearden
09-21-2011, 09:48 PM
I think the real answer is to make all monsters despawn after 15m

Shadowsong
09-21-2011, 11:30 PM

^This. So much this

Modoru
09-22-2011, 01:21 AM
^This. So much this

It would technically make ZBs a bit more of a challenge and would require you to get grellow/red as fast as possible and just zerg it down, as opposed to just low-manning.

Taint2
09-22-2011, 03:16 AM
They used to despawn in 60 seconds, the 15min part is quite nice. I wish they still talked trash the entire fight, that was part of the fun.

wish12oz
09-22-2011, 04:50 AM
I'd just like to say that if you cant solo an animated weapon in 15 minutes, you don't deserve to have a relic.

PROTIP: Getting all the other gear, is better then getting a relic/empyrean and using gimp other gear.

Thunderlips
09-22-2011, 06:21 AM
They used to despawn in 60 seconds, the 15min part is quite nice. I wish they still talked trash the entire fight, that was part of the fun.

Some of the weapons actually had some pretty funny/insulting lines. I do miss seeing them during the fights.

Taint2
09-22-2011, 08:09 AM
I'd just like to say that if you cant solo an animated weapon in 15 minutes, you don't deserve to have a relic.

PROTIP: Getting all the other gear, is better then getting a relic/empyrean and using gimp other gear.

I'd love to watch Animated Scythe get soloed.

Kaisha
09-22-2011, 08:18 AM
That's a bit generous. It should be 10min.

Defiledsickness
09-23-2011, 04:15 AM
come to asura i'll help. maybe you can use almace for the majority of the fight to kill a little faster? idk how good a pld relic is :P

if you have a relic im sure you could afford to pay someone to help

Zumi
09-25-2011, 02:04 PM

I have almost every type of damage dealer gear there is for paladin and I can't solo this in 15 min its just the way the job is. Capped 8/8 sword merits, 8/8 str there really isn't any more I can do.

I would love to see if anyone could solo this on a Paladin but it seems pretty impossible. I could see a melee job whos main role is damage killing them but not paladin.

I try using Almace on it too CdC is pretty crap outside abyssea.

noodles355
09-25-2011, 02:45 PM
CdC is pretty crap outside abyssea.Lol.